Resume Questions

A few programs that I am applying to are asking for a CV/Resume under the Documents portion of the CASPA application. Because I have not done any publications, my submission will most likely be most appropriately formatted as a resume. Does anyone happen to know the purpose of doing this if most of the information is on CASPA? Most of the descriptions that I am filling out in my resume are very similar to the ones I submitted in CASPA. Furthermore, is there a typical limit in length? I have everything fit in 2 pages. I currently have the following headings in the following order:

-Name and Contact info (top middle)

-Education

-Healthcare Experience

-Shadowing Experience (how much in detail should we write this out? I have the PAs' names, the specialty, and number of hours shadowed with each)

-Community Involvment
-Research Experience
-Leadership

-Awards/Accomplishments
-Membership Affiliations

-Skills and Certifications

I've had to condense a lot of the descriptions for each in order to fit all of these categories in 2 pages. I figured that they already have all the information in the CASPA application itself.

Sounds like you are on the right track. resumes are typically 1 page long. CVs are a while other beast. I imagine the resume might be passed out to faculty who will interview you. If that's the case it is just a summery that they can use to ask questions.

Sounds like you are on the right track. resumes are typically 1 page long. CVs are a while other beast. I imagine the resume might be passed out to faculty who will interview you. If that's the case it is just a summery that they can use to ask questions.

Would it be okay for it to be 2 pages long? I understand that resumes are typically 1 page long, but with PA schools looking at so many things in an applicant, I'm having to fit everything I listed in the categories above in 2 pages.

Last year when I applied I did a CV summary- which was one page. No one seem to have an issue either so I would suggest doing some thing like that. PM me if you have any questions !

As the previous person mentioned it's just a quick summary. You can elaborate in your CASPA app-as you have stated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived