UTMB 2016-2017 Admissions Cycle

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those that interviewed, did ya'll bring a resume, CV, or both? Is one considered better than the other?

I do not think that it matters which one you bring. I still have a year left of undergrad and did not feel that I have enough information for a CV so I brought a resume. I know there were people in my interview group that did not bring either. The choice is entirely up to you.

I do not think that it matters which one you bring. I still have a year left of undergrad and did not feel that I have enough information for a CV so I brought a resume. I know there were people in my interview group that did not bring either. The choice is entirely up to you.

Thanks so much for your response!

For those of you who have gone through interviews, what does the "student presentation" of the interview schedule day entail? Is that something the current students do to showcase the program? Or tour? Just trying to plan out my time for the day since I have to drive back out-of-state the same day to get home.

Hi, for those of you who were like me and waiting to hear news about your application status, here's my timeline if it helps: 

• CASPA application submitted and marked verified about Aug 15th.  
  • Supplemental application email received and completed about August 18th
  • Received an email stating my application was being reviewed by the PA Program and I would receive instructions regarding the MySTAR portal.   I didn't ever receive the emails with the portal instructions so called them after the 10 days stated in the email--about September 3.  Must have been some tech issue--they resent with no problems and assured me my application was being reviewed by the program.
  • Application listed as complete in the portal and was just waiting......
  • Today, received an invitation to interview on Oct 3  (I think perhaps they were getting past the last set of interviews before sending the next ones?)

Good luck--I can sympathize--the waiting is difficult but things are happening!

Hi, for those of you who were like me and waiting to hear news about your application status, here's my timeline if it helps:

• CASPA application submitted and marked verified about Aug 15th.
  • Supplemental application email received and completed about August 18th
  • Received an email stating my application was being reviewed by the PA Program and I would receive instructions regarding the MySTAR portal. I didn't ever receive the emails with the portal instructions so called them after the 10 days stated in the email--about September 3. Must have been some tech issue--they resent with no problems and assured me my application was being reviewed by the program.
  • Application listed as complete in the portal and was just waiting......
  • Today, received an invitation to interview on Oct 3 (I think perhaps they were getting past the last set of interviews before sending the next ones?)
Good luck--I can sympathize--the waiting is difficult but things are happening!

Mine was a similar timeline and I got the email for an interview today as well. I'm an out of state resident so my process might have taken longer. I was verified in July though and waited for MyStar until mid-August.

I also received an invitation to interview on October 3rd!

Congrats!! When was your application verified and when did you receive your under review email?

I was verified late July and still haven't received an under review email. I'm getting worried now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats!! When was your application verified and when did you receive your under review email?

I was verified late July and still haven't received an under review email. I'm getting worried now.

These are my stats:

Submitted: July 25

Verified: August 1

CASPA received/Supplemental attachment email: August 1

Login info: August 2

Supplemental app received email: August 2

Under review email: N/A

Interview invite email: September 14

I did not receive an "Under Review" email, but in My Star, my application show complete.

Hope this is helpful...Good luck!

October 3rd will be their 4th session of interviews. Last year I believe they only held 5 and their last one was like the last week of October. I'm officially worrying ???? No invite yet. I'm praying I'll get one next week!!!

Congratulations to all of you interviewing and accepted! I truly am happy for you! I hope I will be able to join you in my own excitement soon!

October 3rd will be their 4th session of interviews. Last year I believe they only held 5 and their last one was like the last week of October. I'm officially worrying [emoji29] No invite yet. I'm praying I'll get one next week!!!

Congratulations to all of you interviewing and accepted! I truly am happy for you! I hope I will be able to join you in my own excitement soon!

I'm on the same boat as you. When I emailed them in August, they said that if I don't receive an under review email by December 15 then I can contact them after that date. I'm super worried just as well because last year their interviews ended in October[emoji17][emoji37]

Congrats to those who received interviews!! Such a big accomplishment!

I'm on the same boat as you. When I emailed them in August, they said that if I don't receive an under review email by December 15 then I can contact them after that date. I'm super worried just as well because last year their interviews ended in October[emoji17][emoji37]

Congrats to those who received interviews!! Such a big accomplishment!

I'm kind of worried too. I was verified early July and I did get the log in information but never an under review email. 

I just heard back this morning that my app is still being processed... I'm kind of frustrated that there are people who completed everything after me that already have interview invites.... there's not much incentive to complete the application early if they are just going to go out of order :/

@poppies411 did you ever receive an email that your app was under review?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

No I never received an under review email, last thing I heard was the MyStar information. So I emailed to confirm that all my materials were received and my application was under review by the PA department and they replied saying that it was. 

No I never received an under review email, last thing I heard was the MyStar information. So I emailed to confirm that all my materials were received and my application was under review by the PA department and they replied saying that it was. 

When did you finish everything? I finished my caspa and supplemental mid june. Never got an under review email, but just like you I emailed them and they said they are reviewing and that I will hear back. Still haven't heard back. Just trying to gauge timeline. Thanks!

Archived