UTMB 2016-2017 Admissions Cycle

Congrats to everyone getting interview invites!! I am applying next cycle for the first time, and would much appreciate if you guys can "chance" me on getting an interview with these stats? It's hard to ask the general forum because all schools are different.

Biology major, Texas resident

GPA: 3.9

GRE: math 152, verbal 148

HCE: 800 hours as an EMS scribe

Volunteer:200 hours in undeserved clinic

Not much involvement in school clubs.

Thanks again& Goodluck on everyone's application this round!

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

I had the opportunity to visit UTMB's open house this past Friday. The professor emphasized that they accept a variety of applicants with different backgrounds and experiences.  That said they look closely at GPA, GRE, community service and what kind of hands on clinical experience you have. Hope this helps!

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So i received the myStar stuff a while ago, and there was nothing in the "to-do" section of it, but reading these comments it sounds like we were supposed to do something on mystar? Were we supposed to fill out a survey or something?

Could you see a "To Do section" though? I just received the 3 emails for MyStar access. I was able log in but don't have any To do section or access to literally anything...

I also received a confirmation email that my application was under review in early July and still waiting to hear back from them. But then again, I'm an out-of-state applicant so I understand why I haven't heard anything yet. Just hoping for the best. I did receive an interview from one of my other potential schools so far though. Excited and nervous at the same time. 

Good luck to everyone. 

CASPA verified: July 24th

Supplemental application received email: July 27

myStar emails:July 28th

Under review email: ??

I'm worried that I haven't received an under review email. Should I be concerned and email them or am I freaking out too easily (so hard not to do)?

I'm worried that I haven't received an under review email. Should I be concerned and email them or am I freaking out too easily (so hard not to do)?

It took me a little under 3 weeks to get a confirmation email for under review back on July 5th. I would give it a little time considering this is the busiest time for applications.

I would give it some time. I'm shocked they even started reviewing and doing interviews before the closing date.

Congratulations to all of you who have been invited for an interview!

Submitted: June 14

Verified: June 16

Supplemental app submitted: June 22

MyStar: June 26

Has anyone with similar dates heard back?

I have the same dates but have not heard back, have you? Did you ever get an email about the app being under review, because I never did! I emailed it and they said I will hear back soon.

I have the same dates but have not heard back, have you? Did you ever get an email about the app being under review, because I never did! I emailed it and they said I will hear back soon.

I did not received an official email about my app being "under review", so I sent them an email about a week ago. They confirmed that my app is under review!

Best of luck to you!

I applied late July and still haven't heard back from UTMB concerning a supplemental app or anything about them even receiving my CASPA. Are they selective with who they send the supplemental apps to?

No, you should have received one. Everyone gets a supplemental app. I would assume they are a little backed up with applications, but sending an email or calling them to check would be a safe bet.

FYI - I emailed them about a week and a half ago because MyStar was still showing my application as incomplete, and I heard back yesterday that my application is complete, but is still in line to be processed. My dates:
Verified: 08/02
Supplemental link received and submitted 08/03
MyStar: 08/05

My guess is that I will hear mid-September that my application is being reviewed... 

I applied late July and still haven't heard back from UTMB concerning a supplemental app or anything about them even receiving my CASPA. Are they selective with who they send the supplemental apps to?

I applied and submitted after you, and have received all of my communications already. I would contact them.

Hey guys! I'm a first year at UTMB and we just finished our summer semester! Congrats to everyone who received interview invites and for those who are still waiting just be patient! If you have any questions please let me know and good luck [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys! I'm a first year at UTMB and we just finished our summer semester! Congrats to everyone who received interview invites and for those who are still waiting just be patient! If you have any questions please let me know and good luck [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you have any helpful tips for interview day? 

Archived