2016-2017 Cycle

Jen,

Do most of the current DeSales students live in the Saucon View apartments? Also what are other popular apartments?I remember on my interview day one first-yr student said most students live in "the village" but I forgot exactly what he said that was. 

Thank you!

You could check out Bethlehem Field Apts. It is technically in Bethlehem, but the across the street it is Hellertown. Someone that went to Desales lived there. There is also Society Hill which is a condo community, that some students live there in Hellertown/Lower Saucon township. They are across the street from Saucon View apartments. 

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...

Hi everyone! 

I have an interview next Wednesday at DeSales and I could not be more excited. (and also I'm super nervous!!) I'm wondering if any of you who interviewed, currently attending or not, could offer some general insight into the day. This is my first round applying to PA school, and my first interview..so as excited as I am I just want to be fully prepared! Plus, DeSales program seems amazing and to really align with my goals and values so I really want the interview to go well. I would appreciate any information that you are willing to offer. You can respond to my post or message me! Thanks so much :)

• 1 year later...
On 12/12/2016 at 7:16 PM, umscheidj said:

Hey current p1 here, congratulations on the acceptances and interviews everyone! Feel free to ask me questions, I'd be happy to give some feedback about the program or the area etc! Also idk where the other person lives, but Bethlehem itself is huge and encompasses a lot of different towns. So most of it isn't bad. The area has a lot of farmland and deer more than anything. A lot of people live with their classmates, split apartments or townhouses, it cuts down on the costs and you can carpool. So win win. Anyways, back to studying. Best of luck all.

Hi I was wondering if you could comment on the culture of learning at DeSales. My landlord is a PA and he says that the DeSales program is fantastic at preparing PAs, but they do so at the expense of collaboration. Meaning, it is very cutthroat and the students don't tend to be helpful to one another because it is so competitive. Have you found this to be the case? @heyitsthatguy! @umscheidj

On 7/21/2018 at 8:33 PM, CWell1901 said:

Hi I was wondering if you could comment on the culture of learning at DeSales. My landlord is a PA and he says that the DeSales program is fantastic at preparing PAs, but they do so at the expense of collaboration. Meaning, it is very cutthroat and the students don't tend to be helpful to one another because it is so competitive. Have you found this to be the case? @heyitsthatguy! @umscheidj

Hi! I'm also a current P1 at DeSales, and I have to say this is definitely the complete opposite of how things are here! Everyone in my class is so willing to help each other and share study guides and quizlets, etc. We seem to have that "We're all in this together" mentality. No one really ever talks about their grades, so it isn't competitive in that aspect either. The program is rigorous, just like every other PA program I'm sure, but it would have been 10x harder without the help of my classmates. Don't let whatever your landlord said discourage you, because I haven't found that to be my experience. The professors are all really supportive and friendly as well. 

Archived