Marist College PA Program 2016-2017 Application Cycle

Hi everyone! I am a current PA student here at Marist College and thought creating this forum would help provide some good insight for those of you who are thinking of applying. I'm hoping some of us current student can chime in and assist those of you that are going through the application/interview process.

This is a wonderful program with AMAZING faculty. I wish you all the best! 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey there!

I visited the program just before you guys got started and was definitely impressed with the facilities/faculty... Are you aware if they have begun to interview for this cycle yet or when they plan to?

Thanks!

Hello!

I believe they stated they'll start interviews in August, closer to the end of summer :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hello! How do you feel as a student with the school being accreditation-provisional? How does this impact you taking the PANCE exam?  

@kasrose123 Honestly, there is no major different between a provisional-accreditation and a regular accreditation. The highest accreditation any new program can receive is a provisional-accreditation status and this status does not affect you taking the PANCE in any way. I am actually from out of state and after visiting this program I can tell you it has so much more to offer than the other programs I interviewed with! If you are local I suggest you stop by for a tour! You will love it.

Hope that helps! 

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone! I am a current PA student here at Marist College and thought creating this forum would help provide some good insight for those of you who are thinking of applying. I'm hoping some of us current student can chime in and assist those of you that are going through the application/interview process.

This is a wonderful program with AMAZING faculty. I wish you all the best! 

Hello! I interviewed with the Physician Assistant Graduate program at Marist College on Friday, September 30th. I was impressed by the campus and its many paths/ walkways and grassy fields. It reminded me somewhat of the University of California-Berkeley where I completed my undergrad. The facilities were some of the nicest I've ever seen. For example, the cadaver lab is absolutely pristine and one would think not even in use! By and large, the faculty were what really made the program stand out. Each staff member seemed like they actually wanted to be there. I've participated in interviews where the faculty weren't as inviting or present. The Marist faculty were incredibly down to earth and that was refreshing.

The following Monday I received a phone call from Program Director Kathleen S. Lill regarding acceptance into their program! I'm really looking forward to joining the Physician Assistant Graduate class of 2019. 

QUESTIONS

1. Did you live on campus for the summer?

2. What health insurance do you have?

3. What type of financial aid have you received?

4. Can you recommend study preparation for the first semester?

Thank you so much!!!

Natalie  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a question...Is it possible with rolling admissions that they could review my complete application, but not make a decision (to either interview or decline) at that time and just kind of...hold onto it for later? Or does that just mean its a rejection...

And does anyone know what day of the week interview invites are sent out? I'm so nervous and yet so excited at the same time! 

Hi everyone! I am a current student in the Marist PA program and was one of the tour guides today.  Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions about the program, where to live, or anything else! My email is alannakohler@yahoo.com. Good luck on your upcoming interviews. We're all very excited for you guys!

Archived