North Carolina: High Point University 2017 start

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone know if they are still sending out more invitations to interview?

I was at the most recent interview session on October 1. I personally told that there are many open spots left. There should still be interviews for an open seat and the active list. Also they said they'll be interviews till February :)

Interviewed on 10/1 an accepted today (10/7)! Over the moon excited as this is my first acceptance and I absolutely love this program!

Sports Medicine Major

CuGPA: 3.66

SciGPA: 3.48

Patient Hrs: 2000 (Majority as an outpatient medical scribe)

GRE: V-161, Q-165, A-4.0

I really felt like my interview played a significant role in my acceptance. I was able to present the reasons I wanted to be a PA really well and I think that had more to do with my acceptance than anything else. 

I also got a call today being offered a seat (interviewed October 1). Currently trying to decide from 5 acceptances. It's so hard to choose! As for my interview experience at High Point, I was able to present many personal aspects of my life that influenced my decision to enter the healthcare field as a PA. I also clearly explained how a variety of experiences (volunteer, research, life experiences, college, personal/academic challenges) have prepared me well for the rigors of PA school and to work with a broad spectrum of patients as a PA. My advice would be to be yourself and don't forget to smile. Get to know them as well. Interview them as much as they are interviewing you (leaning towards making it more like a conversation).

Good luck to you all.

Is anyone worried/uncomfortable about committing and paying a load of money to a school that isn't accredited yet? I know the school looks like it has money, however there have been reported scandals/controversies surrounding debt and heavy borrowing from lenders... and anything could happen before accreditation and then our education would mean nothing. Am I overthinking this?

Is anyone worried/uncomfortable about committing and paying a load of money to a school that isn't accredited yet? I know the school looks like it has money, however there have been reported scandals/controversies surrounding debt and heavy borrowing from lenders... and anything could happen before accreditation and then our education would mean nothing. Am I overthinking this?

This program is accredited. Accredited-provisional is just the first step to accredited-continuing because this is a newer program. It means they have met all of the requirements for renewal to continuing status, but just need to submit more frequent paperwork since they are new.

From ARC-PA:

* Accreditation-Provisional is an accreditation status granted when the plans and resource allocation, if fully implemented as planned, of a proposed program that has not yet enrolled students appear to demonstrate the program’s ability to meet the ARC-PA Standards or when a program holding accreditation-provisional status appears to demonstrate continued progress in complying with the Standards as it prepares for the graduation of the first class (cohort) of students. Accreditation – Provisional does not ensure any subsequent accreditation status.It is limited to no more than five years from matriculation of the first class. Accreditation-provisional remains in effect until the program achieves accreditation-continued after its third review, closes or withdraws from the accreditation process, or until accreditation is withdrawn for failure to comply with the Standards.

Additionally, the director mentioned in my interview day that if you enroll in the program while it is accredited, even if disaster strikes and they lose accreditation, your status is guaranteed since you enrolled while they were accredited.

Archived