2016-2017 CASPA Cycle

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had an interview last week and I was a bit disappointed. It was quick which was nice and no writing sample but besides that no biggie. We had a walking tour with the director and she gave all the info which is kind of hard with twenty other students to hear. After we had our one on one interviews. The facility was ok, little old. The area wasn’t nice but not exactly the ghetto. I still wouldn’t walk around the area at night. Parking is a nightmare even at the college, it’s very congested. One thing that bothered me was the rotations. I asked if we get any input and they said no, they find you sites and give them to you. It doesn’t matter if it’s over two hours to get to (which the students said they did) you still go. One was saying she took a train and two subway to get to her rotations. The facility was ok but a bit old. I just posted this so if anyone is upset about not having an interview yet don’t be. I know lots of over schools that look great. 

I was accepted this week as well.

Very friendly interview process and less stressful than other schools. Just be yourself, everyone that gets an interview is qualified. Make sure you show a desire to be there and that you're someone that the staff and students would get along with.

Area is decently safe. Students live together in houses and have no problems and many commute from home. The program is a challenge especially the first semester and even people who were great students in college struggle but the faculty is willing to help in any way they can. Definitely do not want to weed anyone out. Anyone that starts the program can finish in my opinion if they are willing to work hard of course. And yes i enjoyed it! Despite not having much of a life me and my classmates were close and I looked forward to coming to class.

I had an interview last week and I was a bit disappointed. It was quick which was nice and no writing sample but besides that no biggie. We had a walking tour with the director and she gave all the info which is kind of hard with twenty other students to hear. After we had our one on one interviews. The facility was ok, little old. The area wasn’t nice but not exactly the ghetto. I still wouldn’t walk around the area at night. Parking is a nightmare even at the college, it’s very congested. One thing that bothered me was the rotations. I asked if we get any input and they said no, they find you sites and give them to you. It doesn’t matter if it’s over two hours to get to (which the students said they did) you still go. One was saying she took a train and two subway to get to her rotations. The facility was ok but a bit old. I just posted this so if anyone is upset about not having an interview yet don’t be. I know lots of over schools that look great. 

Facility is a bit old as far as the didactic classrooms are concerned, but cadaver/patho lab on other side of the campus is state of the art. Many PA schools don't really have access to a patho lab like that. Parking is actually pretty easy; I've always been within 10 seconds of Monroe lecture hall, unless I get there around noon, then it's maybe a 3 minute walk. Area is pretty safe for LI; commutable housing is pretty close.

Honestly, just make your decision based off faculty in whatever schools you goto, and the stats. You don't need a brand new facility to study medicine, you need books, and direction. That comes from experienced faculty members.

• 2 weeks later...

Just received an interview invitation- any tips/advice? definitely appreciated (:

I interviewed last month and was accepted the day after. The day started off with a tour and then students were individually picked to interview with 2 faculty members.

They ask the basic questions about what is a PA why you want to be a PA etc. There wasn't any tricky questions but if you did receive a bad grade in a class be prepared to explain as I had to explain my C+ in organic chemistry. Just be yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived