2016-2017 Cycle

I just got my acceptance call from Janet!! I interviewed not even 1 whole week ago on 10/28!

and the interview was very casual. the staff and students all made everyone feel very comfortable and open and able to be themselves. our day included tour and information sessions and interviews and lasted from 9-5 because we all wait for each other to finish and had a fairly large interview group of about  30 people i would say. 

just be yourself and you will do great! :)

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just got a call from Janet too, very excited to be joining the class! My only advice for the interview is to really be yourself. They do a great job in two different types of interviews--one student, one faculty--where I think they try and learn about who you are and how you'd fit into the class. It was one of the more casual interviews I've been to but don't let the relaxed feel give you a false sense, definitely still take it seriously and focus on why you're there. It's a little hard to do that in the afternoon because all the applicants wait in a big conference room as people are called back for their individual interviews, but it's doable. Drexel is a great program--good luck to all those still interviewing/waiting to hear about an interview!

never thought I would say this, but I just declined my acceptance offer.

I was accepted to a school in Chicago and already placed my deposit as well as I have one more interview coming up for an in-state school that I will hopefully be able to attend for the cheaper tuition.

I really hope this opens up a spot for someone else because Drexel was an amazing program and Janet Stern was honestly the best.

Just a thought.  Drexel was the only school I interviewed at where everyone stayed in the room together until the last person was done interviewing.  I really really liked that actually, as it helped the group feel very close and supportive of each other all the way through (we would even applaud and cheer for an applicant every time one was called out to interview).  In other cases, everyone would leave as soon as their interview was over, and you'd see the group whittle down until there's just a couple people nervously awkwardly sitting there.

I could be wrong, but it kind of gave me an impression about the supportiveness of the program in general.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, just a reminder to come join next year's group at "Drexel University Physician Assistant Class of 2019" on Facebook if you've been accepted and decided to attend Drexel. :)

bd91pa, can you send a link to the Class of 2019 Facebook page? Can't seem to find it. Just got accepted to the program and would like to join. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

After the interview they typically accept anyone they think was exceptional right away which is rare. It seems other candidates (like me) get talked about when they meet to discuss applicants. That is why you should update Janet with any changes in scores on tests, hours, new relevant app stuff. You can hear up until april when they choose to put interviewed candidates on a waitlist or declines. Hope this helps!

I just got a call from Janet too, very excited to be joining the class! My only advice for the interview is to really be yourself. They do a great job in two different types of interviews--one student, one faculty--where I think they try and learn about who you are and how you'd fit into the class. It was one of the more casual interviews I've been to but don't let the relaxed feel give you a false sense, definitely still take it seriously and focus on why you're there. It's a little hard to do that in the afternoon because all the applicants wait in a big conference room as people are called back for their individual interviews, but it's doable. Drexel is a great program--good luck to all those still interviewing/waiting to hear about an interview!

Hey 

Congratulations on your acceptance!

I have an interview pending on February 2. I am coming from West coast. Do you mind giving me more details on like the interview day was, how I can prepare for essay questions, and panel interview?

Thank you!

Archived