North Carolina- UNC Chapel Hill

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Do you know how many applicants are offered interviews? I just received an email for an interview offer!

I think they did 60 interviews for 20 seats last year. Not sure if accreditation has allowed them to bump up the class size or what they'll do differently since they now have a year under their belt.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

Correct! They do not offer interveiws until after August 1 and they will most likely offer all of them at the same time because the interviews Will all be in the same week .

Im really hoping this is not the case this year as I haven't received any news of an interview offer and it looks like someone has already gotten one.

Congrats to everyone who has gotten one!

I also received an invitation to interview. They sent a list of dates to choose from, and you pick the date you want. 

Undergrad GPA: 3.41

Masters of Exercise Science GPA: 3.93

Patient Care Hours: about 1500 currently + 700 clinical research hours

GRE Combined Score: 306

Good luck to everyone applying!!

I love the faculty and the campus is beautiful!

As for the interviews- they are very different from what they were last year so I can not speak to what kind of questions there will be.

My best advice is to think about why you want to become a PA, what motivates you in that aspect, and go through the generic questions they tend to ask at interviews. Practice them out loud and figure out exactly what you want to convey to the panel. Make sure you show them what you could add to the class and what different experiences you bring to the table.

I honestly believe you just need to be yourself. They chose you out of a ton of applicants so you have already impressed them. Now is the time to show them why you would be a good fit for this program and not just give the answers you think they want to hear.

It's cliche but seriously- be yourself. Practice generic questions out loud with someone too. It really helped me to see what they got out of my answer so that I could tweak it to make

Sure I was explaining myself better the next time.

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived