2016-2017 Cycle

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know at the interviews they said they'd create an "official" Facebook group for students, but I figured I would make an unofficial one for people who are going to the Delaware campus so that people can see and meet those planning on attending the program.

Here's the link - https://www.facebook.com/groups/525146791024989/

Good luck to everyone else that's still interviewing!

For those who interviewed at the DE Campus, when did you finish? I want to book travel arrangements for the day of. Thanks! 

We were done around 1:30 - 2 PM. The students had an exam that afternoon though, so we didn't get to sit in on a class like they said we would. You might get to sit in on a class though, so you could end up staying later. I think the letter said to expect to be there until 3 pm. 

Does anyone know if the class at the Delaware campus still has openings? I have an interview there late Sept and I'm wondering if they are interviewing for a seat in the class or the alternate list. Thanks!

When I applied last year they sent out an email saying that my interview was specifically for the waitlist, so if you didn't receive that email then there are still spots available.

Hey everyone! I got accepted on 8/27 to the Glenside campus :) but I'm just wondering how I'll know if I'm enrolled in the class. I submitted my deposit online and sent my letter of intent by certified mail (which said it arrived) I guess I'm just not sure if I should expect to hear conformation that I'm in the class or if I have to wait to pay the second deposit? If anyone who has already accepted a seat could let me know what to expect I would appreciate it! Thanks and good luck to everyone who has yet to interview or is waiting to hear back or on the waitlist!

Hey everyone! I got accepted on 8/27 to the Glenside campus :) but I'm just wondering how I'll know if I'm enrolled in the class. I submitted my deposit online and sent my letter of intent by certified mail (which said it arrived) I guess I'm just not sure if I should expect to hear conformation that I'm in the class or if I have to wait to pay the second deposit? If anyone who has already accepted a seat could let me know what to expect I would appreciate it! Thanks and good luck to everyone who has yet to interview or is waiting to hear back or on the waitlist!

I was nervous also because I turned it in the day before it was due. I emailed and called and got confirmation that way.

Could someone provide some insight to the format of the interview? Is it one-to-one with multiple faculty members, a mix of group and one-on-one interviews, etc.? Did you provide official copies of your GRE scores? Also, was there any special instructions for the small picture to provide? I just plan on printing a picture of me in professional attire.

Could someone provide some insight to the format of the interview? Is it one-to-one with multiple faculty members, a mix of group and one-on-one interviews, etc.? Did you provide official copies of your GRE scores? Also, was there any special instructions for the small picture to provide? I just plan on printing a picture of me in professional attire.

It's a pretty straightforward one on one interview, just you and one faculty member. It's very laid back and they do not try to trick you at all so just be yourself and practice standard interview questions. If they didn't ask you specifically for your GRE score, you don't need to bring it. The picture you describe is fine. Good luck!

It's a pretty straightforward one on one interview, just you and one faculty member. It's very laid back and they do not try to trick you at all so just be yourself and practice standard interview questions. If they didn't ask you specifically for your GRE score, you don't need to bring it. The picture you describe is fine. Good luck!

Thanks for providing all that info! May I ask how long the actual interview is? Is it really just a one-on-one interview with one faculty member? I can't imagine what else they'll have us be doing from 8am to 3pm. I understand there is a lecture we can sit in and a lunch, but i don't know what else can occupy the time.

Thanks for providing all that info! May I ask how long the actual interview is? Is it really just a one-on-one interview with one faculty member? I can't imagine what else they'll have us be doing from 8am to 3pm. I understand there is a lecture we can sit in and a lunch, but i don't know what else can occupy the time.

The interview itself is probably 15 minutes or so and yes, it really is just one on one! There is a 1 hour presentation by the program director followed by a presentation by someone in financial aid and then the interviews begin. You'll be waiting around for at least an hour or so for everyone to be interviewed. There are also current students who will come and talk to you while you eat lunch, then there's a tour of the campus and you can also sit in on a class. 

i have a question about the size of the photo we need to bring to the interview. according to the program instruction we should bring a passport sized photo. does that mean a photo that's about the size of a passport or those small photos used as the photo for the passport?

They didn't seem too worried about picture size. Just make sure they can see your face clearly. I dressed professionally in mine, but I'm sure they don't really care for the attire either. They just want to match a face with the apps for when they review it

Archived