2016-2017 Cycle

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can any current students or people that interviewed recently let me know if there is a possibility to rotate out of state at Rush (i.e. set up your own rotation). I know I made notes on it but cannot seem to find them anywhere. Thanks

I spoke with them about this recently. During our core rotations you can set up your elective out of state and possibly one other... and you can also do it during the last 6 weeks of the extra 6 months of specialized rotations

Hey all! So I just got a call changing my interview date to 12/5 because most of the class is full (~10 spots open and 40 more to interview on 11/7 and 12/5 combined). I've gotten into a back-up program and have interviewed a couple other places and am about to go on a couple more interviews. For anyone who's interviewed at Rush or is in the program, is it worth flying in and spending the money to interview with so little spots left in both the class and on the waitlist? Any insight is much appreciated!

It's hard to say if it is worth it or not. Obviously they thought you were a good enough candidate to interview, why not good enough to get in. Rush is a fantastic program, I really enjoyed interviewing there. And 1/4 chance is not bad odds considering that your odds of interviewing are roughly 1/10. Plus if you don't go and you are not totally happy with your other school you may always wonder what if?

I turned done five other interviews and feel totally ok about that decision, because I am happy with the program I will be attending.

i'm very curious how many interviewees are placed on the wait list per interview group? Has the majority of decisions been either acceptance or wait list... or has anyone who interviewed been rejected? I'm just trying to get a feel of how many candidates are placed on the wait list and how much they actually utilize it come March/April. 

On Wednesday 11/2 I got a call from Tony asking if was was interested in attending the 11/7 interview on Monday! I received my "wait list for the interview" email on September 6th. This is my second time interviewing at Rush (I was waitlisted last year) and can't wait to interview again!! See you all on Monday! :)

Jigglytofu, I would do anything to be in your shoes. Just got rejected from Rush for the second time after having interviews...the feeling definitely doesn't get better. :( It was my top choice school. Applied to other schools as well and hoping I was just meant to go somewhere else instead. Good luck to everyone and congrats to all who got accepted.

So I was invited to interview 12/5 and once I accepted the interview they responded with this:

"Thank you for accepting our wait list interview invitation.  We look forward to meeting you on December 5, 2016."

Anyone have any input on the chances of getting onto the wait list and also the chances of getting accepted off of the wait list at Rush? 

So I was invited to interview 12/5 and once I accepted the interview they responded with this:

"Thank you for accepting our wait list interview invitation. We look forward to meeting you on December 5, 2016."

Anyone have any input on the chances of getting onto the wait list and also the chances of getting accepted off of the wait list at Rush?

Not really sure of the exact likelihood but I know there has already been some movement off the wait list. Also when I interviewed there was a bunch of students in second and third year that had gotten in off the wait list.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I was hoping someone who has been accepted can answer my question- how long to you have from your acceptance to put down the deposit, and how much is the deposit?

Thanks!

they gave us one month to make the deposit from the date of acceptance and it was $250. 

• 1 month later...

Archived