Which stethoscope, Littmann Cardiology III or IV?

I just switched from being a long time Littman user - Cardiology III and Master Cardiology - to ADScopes of similar models.  They are about half the price, very durable and just as effective, using similar floating diaphraghms.  I can hear a flea fart with mine and likely won't go back.  I have a Master Cardiology equivalent I use when I'm doing my part time Army stuff, since there isn't a pediatric attachment, and use the Cardiology III equivalent at my real ER job.  You can order them off of Amazon for decent prices.

SK

Well, i just bought my Littmann Cardiology 4, and.. so far the difference is not that great actually. But, there are a few things that actually differ it from previous generation and it's probably because I just bought it and it's brand new, who knows. So, for me, the main difference is that the higher frequencies, are actually more hearable, don't know how and why, but it is so. Also, it auscultates heart and lung sounds slightly better than Cardiology 3. So, I guess if you want to spend that extra money on higher quality piece, it is worth it.

Archived