South University- West Palm Beach

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone already seated heard anything back from school since being notified, specifically whether they were given accreditation (PARC was to meet on Sept 11th) or regarding financial aid, etc etc. Very concerned as an inaugural program they seem to be ineffective at communicating with new students and ill informed. Hoping other opportunities for attendance elsewhere arise because not feeling warm and fuzzy about this program location?

The schools approved for provisional accredidation from the September meeting are listed on the arc pa website. I would suggest looking there to see if the school is listed. Their other location, in Richmond, going for accredidation at the same meeting notified students 2 weeks ago that they were given provisional accreditation from that meeting date.

http://www.arc-pa.org/accreditation/accredited-programs/

FYI- they did not cancel the January 2017 start date. ARC-PA requested more information from them before making a final decision. The January start is still a possibility, and there is also a possibility that it could be deferred until April or worst case scenario next January.

As far as interviews went, I didn't feel that they were cold at all, just good poker faces. And I've done several interviews and have never been given folders or anything. I guess I'm just saying that I didn't find any concerns with the program during the interview.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What ktsterry says is true.. By the way, these forums are meant to help people not bash schools. To be honest, it makes you guys look bitter for not getting accepted (whether that be the case or not, that's how it looks like). That is the beauty of the interviews, you also get to see if the school is a good fit for you, but doesn't mean it was a bad experience for everyone. The good news is you guys are not in the program, and don't have to be miserable in the program since you guys didn't like the school. Some people would have killed to even get an interview, and would be happy anywhere as long as they got the chance to pursue their dream. I think we can all agree that none of us know how the accreditation process works, and what folders make a school look legit or not. Matter of fact, at my interview, They all had folders and I also had a fancy folder since apparently that shows how qualified they are. Best of luck to you guys!

I had a bad interview experience as well... lol.  One person was very curt and unwelcoming with me and said at least 10 times that I am being ranked... and not in a friendly manner.  

So, I had planned not to attend anyways.  

Honestly I felt like Keiser and Nova Fort Lauderdale really cared more about getting to know me to see if I was a good fit... not just trying to see if I break under pressure

Luckily, I decided to attend my dream school out of state, so I didn't have to decide among the south Florida programs

I wish everyone luck. I think those who attend South will probably do just fine, knowing that there will be a few hiccups with it being brand new.  Like everyone says, we won't feel like all schools are a good fit - so it's ok.  Quite frankly, I am glad for that!  If I loved all schools as much as the one I chose, how could I possibly make a decision?!  

^^I agree that I feel more comfortable with a program that provides more thorough information.  And I think it's probably likely that newer programs don't have that all ironed out... but that's ok... "developing"  Having a program that was well established and feeling fully informed was key in my decision making, and I picked the school who invented the profession..lol.  But there is nothing wrong if someone fell in love with a school that isn't that way... I can imagine some people feel excited about being the first class

Good luck to everyone - and getting an acceptance at any school is something we should all celebrate.  That's a big deal... and most PA school matriculation rates are 2 - 10%

• 3 months later...

For those who haven't received an interview, have you received a call from Nikki asking if you were still interested in an interview? She called me today. I am a little confused. I called maybe two months ago and they stated the class was full. Today when she called me she stated that there were still seats available. She told me that if  South wanted to interview me they would call me between later today and tomorrow. Did anyone else get a call from her? 

For those who haven't received an interview, have you received a call from Nikki asking if you were still interested in an interview? She called me today. I am a little confused. I called maybe two months ago and they stated the class was full. Today when she called me she stated that there were still seats available. She told me that if South wanted to interview me they would call me between later today and tomorrow. Did anyone else get a call from her?

I'm assuming that seats have opened up from those who have dropped theirs. I ended up dropping my seat. :/

I'm assuming that seats have opened up from those who have dropped theirs. I ended up dropping my seat. :/

ok makes sense, yes she did tell me that the start date was not yet written in stone. I have an interview coming up. Hopefully, all the problems are ironed out by then. Did you decide not to attend the program? Also, could you tell me what kind of interview set up they have? Thank you for your response. 

• 2 months later...

Archived