South University- West Palm Beach

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did anyone that interviewed come from out of state? I'm just wondering what might be the best hotel to stay at for two nights there.

And since I'm coming from out of state, please give me any suggestions of what to do in the area and how transportation such as taxis/Ubers are there!

Thanks!

Did anyone that interviewed come from out of state? I'm just wondering what might be the best hotel to stay at for two nights there.

And since I'm coming from out of state, please give me any suggestions of what to do in the area and how transportation such as taxis/Ubers are there!

Thanks!

So I drove here for mine, but I know there was someone in my group that flew out. I believe he flew into Palm Beach International and rented a car, but I don't believe the airport is that far from the school so a taxi or uber would probably be doable. There are also hotels nearby so I'd pick one which with you're most comfortable. If you're really wondering which is best you could likely call them and ask for their opinion, they're quite helpful.

I'm not sure if Palm Beach Airport is expensive though given that it seems to be smaller than say Orlando, so if you're strapped for $$$, are 25, and don't mind driving, Orlando International is about a 2 hour drive (could also try Miami as well).

I stayed at the Hampton inn. It was about 10 minutes away, around 100 dollars a night (stayed one night) bit it also came with free breakfast. The last thing you want to do on your interview Date is stress out and be flustered to get there in time and on an empty stomach. There is also a walgreens around the corner for any last minute things you need. Good luck!

So I drove here for mine, but I know there was someone in my group that flew out. I believe he flew into Palm Beach International and rented a car, but I don't believe the airport is that far from the school so a taxi or uber would probably be doable. There are also hotels nearby so I'd pick one which with you're most comfortable. If you're really wondering which is best you could likely call them and ask for their opinion, they're quite helpful.

I'm not sure if Palm Beach Airport is expensive though given that it seems to be smaller than say Orlando, so if you're strapped for $$$, are 25, and don't mind driving, Orlando International is about a 2 hour drive (could also try Miami as well).

I'm not 25 unfortunately :(

For those who have already had an interview, how long was it after you got a call that they sent an email with information about the interview day? I was called at the end of last month about my interview on the 28th of this month, but have yet to receive an email.

Looking back, I got the e-mail the same day that I got the call.

For those who have already had an interview, how long was it after you got a call that they sent an email with information about the interview day? I was called at the end of last month about my interview on the 28th of this month, but have yet to receive an email.

Mine was a few days but I honestly didn't get any information other than them confirming my interview date/time. I had to call to ask about like campus directions and whatnot. But luckily there are only two buildings on the campus so it was easy! Best of luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay, thank you! I might have to call them to see what is up with the email. 

Did anyone that got accepted, after you sent your letter and deposit get a confirmation email that they received it? I mailed mine out last Wednesday(the 6th), and maybe just being paranoid. Lol I called and got a voice-mail and have emailed. Just curious. Thanks!

I called and left Nikki a voicemail and she emailed me back confirming receipt of my deposit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did anyone that got accepted, after you sent your letter and deposit get a confirmation email that they received it? I mailed mine out last Wednesday(the 6th), and maybe just being paranoid. Lol I called and got a voice-mail and have emailed. Just curious. Thanks!

I called and emailed to verify my deposit was received. I used certified mail to make sure I had proof of delivery. It was delivered on 6/23/16, and I see in my checking account that South U. deposited my check on 07/01/16, which was the due date for my deposit.

Hey everyone,

I just had my interview today and found the place to be amazing. The staff was so welcoming to all the applicants there today. I never felt more at home. The applicants that I interacted with today were all educated and showed a true passion for the PA career. To be candid, I hope all the people get accepted that were there today. As for my interview, I thought it went fairly well. The end result turned out to better than expected. I received a call 30 min after I left with an offer for a seatJ. I can’t tell how excited I am about this. I want to wish everyone good luck with the process. The best advance for the interview I can give is to just be yourself and you will do fine.

Archived