South University- West Palm Beach

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those of you who have been extended offers for interviews, did you receive any emails prior? I received confirmation emails from both the Savannah and Tampa campus, however no sort of confirmation of receiving my app from the WPB campus.

For those of you who have been extended offers for interviews, did you receive any emails prior? I received confirmation emails from both the Savannah and Tampa campus, however no sort of confirmation of receiving my app from the WPB campus.

Nope no email!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys! I received an interview for June16th and I am excited/nervous at the same time! Wanted to see any thoughts people had about it being a developing program. Did most people that received an interview from the area? Would like to see where  people are coming from, and their thoughts on possibly being the first class.

I Just got invited to the June 15th interview! I am from Pinellas county.  I don't know what to think about being a first class but I do think it's a benefit that South already is established in other PA programs so they will probably have a good basis to mold the program after.

@clarkc825 see you there on the 15th!

@valvarez1 I am from the north Florida/panhandle area. I don't know how I feel about it being a developing program, but the other two campuses are successful so I don't see why they would have any issues. I think I'll get a better feel for it once I visit!

@clarkc825 & @mes12c well congrats to both of you! I'm from the Tampa area! Yea I tried to figure the same thing that if there are already two other PA programs for the same University, then it shouldn't have a problem in September for accredited-provisional. Let me know how the interview goes for you two, and good luck!

Congrats to have already interviewed ! How was it ? Did they give you a time frame as to when when you would hear back?

I dont want to give anything away from the interview because I honestly dont think its fair to those who have already interviewed as none of us have heard back yet.  They did tell us 2-4 weeks to hear back, possibly sooner.  They are accepting 50 students.

Interviewed June 7. From the south FL area. I think they should have no problem becoming accredited in September. The campus is beautiful. Has anyone that already interviewed heard back?

Let us know when you hear back.  I interviewed on the 15th! You're right! Campus and surrouding area is beautiful!!

I dont want to give anything away from the interview because I honestly dont think its fair to those who have already interviewed as none of us have heard back yet. They did tell us 2-4 weeks to hear back, possibly sooner. They are accepting 50 students.

Of course I understand ! I was thinking more along the lines of the developing program/ faculty & staff. I know someone people, at least myself have some reservations of a developing program, and was wondering if any of those hesitations were mediated after interviewing! Good luck to you all !!

@juliedonmez I interviewed June 15 and can say after interviewing, I have no concerns that the program will get accrediated. I completely understand your reservations, but I would not be too concerned about this particular program. South University has 2 other established programs as you probably are aware of, and I know this campus will have no issue getting accrediated. Best of luck to you!

Of course I understand ! I was thinking more along the lines of the developing program/ faculty & staff. I know someone people, at least myself have some reservations of a developing program, and was wondering if any of those hesitations were mediated after interviewing! Good luck to you all !!

I can only speak in terms of what I was told, but the program director, Dr. Helen Martin is HIGHLY experienced.  She has successfully started many other PA programs. They did tell us that during the major accredidation review (which was in May), they had zero issues.  She said if you know anything about these types of visits, zero issues in pretty much unheard of.  The next step in accredidation is basically just a sit down meeting to review the findings from the May visit (which were none).  They said they have pretty much do doubt whatsoever that the program will pass final accredidation! Hope this helps!

Archived