FLORIDA: Keiser University 2016-2017 Cycle

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats to everyone who has been accepted! Is there any body on here who was accepted that declined their seat/giving up their seat due to acceptance elsewhere?

Yup, I was accepted and decided to give up my seat last week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just received a call today for an interview on Oct 25th!! does anyone know how many seats are left/ how full the class is? I read somewhere the last interviews were oct 22nd, but I guess they are having some more on Oct 25th now!

I interviewed 9/27, and they had 8 seats left.  So far- I was the only one accepted from my group- so 7 seats left (but they had interviews earlier this week and not sure if any of those folks got offers yet)

10/25 is correct, I fixed my post :-P  

The interviews were planned for every other Tuesday... October 22nd is a Saturday (sorry)... hopefully I can be a better clinician than navigating a calendar!

And good luck!!  They are really great... so warm and friendly... and don't be shy about eating the delicious bakery treats- so yummy!

Yup, I was accepted and decided to give up my seat last week.

Yes... painful to decline... I really loved the faculty- especially the program director, Dr. Lavia, and Nikki, I liked the facilities a lot- and I think the program seemed really great.  But I am turning my seat down because even though Keiser felt like a great fit, I interviewed at a program that was a stronger fit.  Good luck to all -  Cheers!

After reading these posts I definitely feel like my chances for Keiser are pretty much over. I was verified September 28 and they first emailed me on Sep 26th, but I just got the email that my application was complete yesterday. Congrats to everyone that got accepted!

I got an email today saying that they filled their class. So basically a rejection...

Was this before you received the email stating that your application was verified and received?

what does that mean? Are they able to have a class this year?

I'm not attending this program, but maybe I can help

They'll have a class. It's probation until the next evaluation. 

"Probationary accreditation is a temporary status of accreditation granted when a program does not meet the Standards and when the capability of the program to provide an acceptable educational experience for its students is threatened. Programs with probationary accreditation are still considered accredited."

"Probation is an active accreditation status and those entering a program that is on probation are entering a program that is accredited. If the program remains on probation or is removed from probation by the time of your graduation, you would be graduating from an accredited program. In the past, the NCCPA allowed graduates to sit for the PANCE exam as long as the program from which they graduated was accredited at any point during the students’ enrollment. This policy changed in 2003 and in order to be eligible to take the PANCE, students must successfully complete a program that was accredited at the time the student matriculated. It is best to check with the NCCPA concerning exam eligibility criteria."

Archived