2016-2017 Application Cycle

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know one of the other schools I applied to held an interview or two just to add to the waitlist. I have no idea if UNE does this, but there are schools out there that do. Another school I applied to sent me an email saying my application was under review AFTER my interview, which was really strange and probably an error. Neither of those schools I mentioned is UNE. Who knows what the email you guys received means, I guess you'll probably find out fairly soon. Good luck!

Just got an email that my application is still under review, did anyone else get this? Super confused because it seems like they have a decent number of people on the wait list already, so I didn't think they would be doing any more interviews?

I received it as well! Not too sure what to think.. oh well.

Their response: The program continues to read and review applications after the larger, published interview session dates. The admissions committee does reserve the right to conduct additional interviews beyond the published dates if they feel so inclined or in the event our class is not full. A few spring dates have tentatively been set for additional interviews.

Their response: The program continues to read and review applications after the larger, published interview session dates. The admissions committee does reserve the right to conduct additional interviews beyond the published dates if they feel so inclined or in the event our class is not full. A few spring dates have tentatively been set for additional interviews.

Oh interesting, thanks for the update!

I received a similar e-mail about my application being under review. It seems as though they couldn't have filled up all of their seats before December 25th because UNE was accepting applicants who were still taking prerequisites as long as they were complete by Dec. 25th. It's possible that those applications, now that they are complete are under review. I have also seen on UNE's website that the program has rolling interviews up until orientation/first day of classes. So if individuals drop their seats from now until May 30/31st there is still the possibility of interviews. 

Good luck to everyone that is still playing the waiting game.

I received a similar e-mail about my application being under review. It seems as though they couldn't have filled up all of their seats before December 25th because UNE was accepting applicants who were still taking prerequisites as long as they were complete by Dec. 25th. It's possible that those applications, now that they are complete are under review. I have also seen on UNE's website that the program has rolling interviews up until orientation/first day of classes. So if individuals drop their seats from now until May 30/31st there is still the possibility of interviews.

Good luck to everyone that is still playing the waiting game.

Good theory but...my prerequisites have been completed for at least 5 years now so they are still reviewing a variety of applicants. Anyway, I will likely need to make my decision on one of the other schools I have interviewed before this time. Bummed, I truest love UNE!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 3:43 PM, milesHenson1 said:

It was really great meeting everyone today. The students and faculty were so welcoming and made the interview experience very positive.

What is the interview day like? I am driving in from Ohio and am planning a schedule.

Thank you!

Dylan

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 0:00 AM, milesHenson1 said:

As cliche as it may sound, the best thing you can do is be yourself. They want to get to know you not the person you have been practicing to be. The day is fairly relaxed, there is an interview, tour, writing sample and an intro to the program first up. There is also an informal meet and greet on Friday evening, highly recommend going as the current student answered a bunch of question for me.

I felt like I was myself and spoke candidly in my interviews and I was accepted.

Hey! I have an interview there on August 28th. I will be driving on August 26th from Ohio. I am trying to come up with a schedule for when I am there. Could you run me through the interview day and what to expect with times. I might need to be back sooner than I would like for work :/ .

Thank you!

Dylan

10 hours ago, dkadow49 said:

Hey! I have an interview there on August 28th. I will be driving on August 26th from Ohio. I am trying to come up with a schedule for when I am there. Could you run me through the interview day and what to expect with times. I might need to be back sooner than I would like for work :/ .

Thank you!

Dylan

Like I said it is pretty straight forward. I think from memory the day starts around 8, they do an introduction for maybe a half hour and then you are broken up into groups. One is a tour group, a writing sample and an interview group. You are done around noon to 1:30pm depending on what time your interview is at. I would also suggest going to the meet and greet on Friday evening, it is well worth it to talk with students and helps you relax a little to.

11 hours ago, milesHenson1 said:

Like I said it is pretty straight forward. I think from memory the day starts around 8, they do an introduction for maybe a half hour and then you are broken up into groups. One is a tour group, a writing sample and an interview group. You are done around noon to 1:30pm depending on what time your interview is at. I would also suggest going to the meet and greet on Friday evening, it is well worth it to talk with students and helps you relax a little to.

I wish I could make it on Friday, but I have to be at work that day! I feel like that would of been extremely helpful, so that's a bummer. Especially considering this is my first PA school interview ever. I was confused because in the email it said "Plan to be on campus until 11:00pm" and from what I see it starts at 7:30 am and there's a tour and a 20 minute interview and lunch with the 1st year students. The time just wasn't adding up. Thank you for the advise! I can't wait!

Dylan

Archived