2016-2017 Application Cycle

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Considering applying, I've applied to many other schools but just haven't heard back and I'm getting nervous. If anyone who got an interview would be willing to share stats or direct message me I would really appreciate it. Thanks!!

Hey there! I wanted to reply but not with stats. I feel like providing stats only makes people either feel more nervous about being competitive enough or upset that they haven't gotten an interview invite because they have similar numbers. Schools really try to look at applicants as a whole, a person's GPA and number of healthcare hours are only part of the bigger picture. If you have already applied places and feel like you would like to go to school at UNE then I recommend applying. It is still very early in the interview cycle so try not to stress about not having heard anything yet (easier said than done I know!). Best of luck to you during this stressful time! :)

Any current students or applicants that live in the Portland area, I am wondering what the Taxi situation is like in Portland? Is it easy enough to get around by cab or is it better to just rent a car? I will be there next weekend for interviews, looking forward to meeting everyone and seeing the campus/city over the weekend.

Thanks!

Any current students or applicants that live in the Portland area, I am wondering what the Taxi situation is like in Portland? Is it easy enough to get around by cab or is it better to just rent a car? I will be there next weekend for interviews, looking forward to meeting everyone and seeing the campus/city over the weekend.

Thanks!

I've been to Portland many times. Best way to get around is either walking or to get to the campus Uber is your best bet! Enjoy!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I have an interview with UNE in October and I'm so excited! I've never been to Maine but heard it is so beautiful and I can't wait to go and see for myself! Can anyone who have interviewed talk about what the interview format is like? (like one on one, several faculty to one student, several faculty to several students, MMI, etc.). Thanks!

The interview format last year was a faculty member and usually an alum, you want to make sure they remember you somehow.  Preferably in a good way hah.  Some scenario stuff is done that I actually liked, it let my personal experience in healthcare come through and show how I would be a good provider as a PA.  My cGPA was a 3.05 so if you are on the fence about applying definitely get it done ASAP, UNE is great about finding people they think will be good practitioners and not just a bunch of 4.0 students!

I interviewed on 9/10, the campus is really very close to downtown Portland. Any hotel in the downtown area would work just fine, there are a couple of hotels a little closer to campus though. I used Uber to get around and it was great, the benefit of staying downtown is you can walk everywhere after your interview and check out the surrounding area a bit more. I would also recommend renting a car for a day if you have time, I drove down to the Biddeford campus to look around (Anatomy lab is there) and went out to the Portland Head light.

Archived