2016-2017 Application Thread

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got the same email on Aug 19th and haven't heard anything yet either. I think there still is hope because I know people that have received the same email later than us and got a rejection already (about a week ago). My fingers are still crossed! Good Luck!

Thank you. Good luck to you as well! ????

I'm curious of those who have decided to attend after being accepted, did you feel that Duke blew all of your expectations out of the water? And was correctly ranked number one? Also where are you from? Trying to get a feel before I interview later this month. Feel free to respond here or PM me.

Thanks

Congrats to everyone who has been accepted to Duke PA! Pat yourself on the back. You deserve it. I'm a first year here at DPAP. Let me know if you have any questions about student life or Admissions related stuff. Now go celebrate your acceptance! :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I suggest you both friend each other on Facebook and then become Co-Admin for your Class Facebook Page; word of advice – make the Group a "closed" group so people can find it but you have to grant approval. Otherwise you'll have totally random spammed from across the globe joining the group. Once everyone has joined by Fall, you can change the group to secret.

A couple of people from Administration (Wendy and Rhiannon) will also ask you to give them access to the group. They're no there to police the page; just there to answer any questions or discrepancies. But - obviously - it'll be a public page with Admin touching base every now and then. So – keep things professional.

Thank you!!

For those curious, we have made the page:[[removed]]

:) Congrats to all who've been accepted!

Congrats to everyone who has been accepted to Duke PA! Pat yourself on the back. You deserve it. I'm a first year here at DPAP. Let me know if you have any questions about student life or Admissions related stuff. Now go celebrate your acceptance! :-)

Thank you so much!!  I have a question.  Do we have to do some of our clinical rotations outside of Durham?  I am confused because through the presentation, that is what I remember- but when we had lunch with students, they said they didn't have to

It depends. More than likely, yes, you will have to travel outside Durham sometimes, but only during Second Year. If I recall correctly, if the commute is more than 1-2 hours, Duke has actually purchased and furnished nearby apartments where you can stay during those far rotations. The Admin also tries to save local rotations for people who have the most pressing local responsibilities – kids in local schools, a sick loved one that requires chronic care, etc. Regardless, I do know for a fact that students end up all over the state for some rotations. And that elective rotations sometimes also happen away from Durham if Duke has a special cooperative PA-S exchange arrangement with another PA Program. For example, Duke and Yale exchange students for away elective rotations. Some current Duke students have done surgical rotations at Yale.

Thank you so much!! I have a question. Do we have to do some of our clinical rotations outside of Durham? I am confused because through the presentation, that is what I remember- but when we had lunch with students, they said they didn't have to

–Tapatalk for iOS–

Don't feel bad about Fido. And don't make your academic decisions based on a dog either! LOL Plenty of people in our class have dogs. Our Class VP has a dog named Charlie who is kind of like the unofficial class mascot. Charlie loves to catch frisbees. And plenty of second years have dogs. In other words, it's do-able. I will find out dog and child related specifics about rotations now though. Hold that thought! Will post about that soon!

Thanks so much! Do you know it students take their small dog when they have to do far rotations? I am so excited about Duke- but if it looks like I will have to rehome my dog for a year, I feel like it just won't be the right fit for me.

–Tapatalk for iOS–

Archived