How would you describe your relationship with your supervising physician?

Great!  I see the primary and secondary SP's once a month over lunch.  I frankly don't recall what it was like 30+ years ago because practice restrictions were much greater back then.  No prescribing, no taking off of orders by hospital nursing staff w/o physician ok, and no decision planning since we weren't able to legally diagnosis back then.

GMOTM, Where did you practice 30 years ago? My first 18 years was in NYC where I owned my own practice. Met once a week with CP over coffee. This was a family practice. Best CP in NY. Down hill since coming to TX I was older than all the CPs in TX. Most were my daughter's age. Maybe I intimidated them The one I am with now is OK. A little standoffish but we do a lot of "stuff" in house. I like that.

when I started I was in a small 3 doc practice for the first 5 years

first 6 months, had them reviewing at  least once case a day

then maybe every couple days for 6 months

then for years 1-5 it was as needed - likely every week or two.....  I realized early on they were a great resource....

most recently(almost 15 years out of school) in my own practice, I would sit quarterly and review 10 cases as per our agreement - and maybe 1-2 questions per year......

GMOTM, Where did you practice 30 years ago? My first 18 years was in NYC where I owned my own practice. Met once a week with CP over coffee. This was a family practice. Best CP in NY. Down hill since coming to TX I was older than all the CPs in TX. Most were my daughter's age. Maybe I intimidated them The one I am with now is OK. A little standoffish but we do a lot of "stuff" in house. I like that.

Spine out of school, back in the days of chymopapain for HNP. I had a knack for being the first in multiple settings which was great because they didn't have any preconceived ideas as to what I should know. Each setting tended to add more of us so I guess I didn't scare them off.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm in urgent care. My relationship with my SP is purely through text and email. He is quick to answer a text but I do not like the informality of it. It's a large company so her oversees several of us. He did several chart reviews in the beginning but that has slowed.

I worked in OB GYN prior for a large practice so I had multiple docs working with us that we're in the office or on call by phone. That was nice to have them in the office.

I have NEVER had sit down period meetings with my SP. I wish I did. Only weekly emails.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived