UTPA 2016-2017 Admissions Cycle

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm an 'S' too and haven't heard but I really don't think that's why! The last time I called they made it seem like anyone who hasn't heard might be on a 'waitlist' that will be contacted as they hear no's from those that have been accepted. She didn't seem 100% sure though so I don't know! That's just the last thing I heard!

Guys not to diminish your hopes but, tbh I don't think they're going alphabetically. I'm a U and I heard over 2 wks ago with rejection. From what I know they essentially rank all the interviewing candidates and go from the top of the list down until their class/waitlist is full. I wouldn't wait on them, definitely plan on reapplying if you haven't been accepted/waitlisted at another school!

I called the graduate school and spoke with the person assigned to my application. She basically told me exactly what @srs163 posted except one big difference. They have sent out all the rejections on the rejection list that was sent to them from the PA school. They have sent out the acceptances; however, because some people may decline they are holding applications. I don't know if this means that those that haven't heard anything are "before" the waitlist or waiting to be put on the waitlist. I forgot to ask the following questions:

1. Is the waitlist ranked? (at most schools it is not)

2. What is the deadline to accept/decline the invitation to attend?

If someone wants to call and ask those questions, it would be much appreciated. I'm going to wait a few weeks to call back if I haven't heard.  

Does anyone know how many people are placed on the waitlist? I will call Monday, but would like to know my chances of getting in!

When you call and if you remember, will you please ask the questions I forgot to ask? I'm sure UTRGV gave those who were invited to attend a deadline to respond by. I'm curious to know how long we could potentially be waiting. Thank you and I hope you speak to someone who sounds informed!

• 11 months later...

Archived