UTPA 2016-2017 Admissions Cycle

Hey guys, this forum is getting toooo excited lol. We all will become PA's no matter if it's a yes or no, if this is what you want, a winner never quits. I think our answer will come when were least expecting it!! Ok, so of course they didn't send out all 65 acceptances, and rejected others, I don't think UTRGV would put all their eggs in one basket so quick lol (judging the turn around rate). Everyone's self-service would probably have been updated if that was the case. Getting different answers from the school shows that they aren't on one accord, so don't stress yourselves out about incomplete answers. Like @Samson'sMom said, undergraduate/graduate students could well be working those front desk phones. My status is still "under review", and I submitted my application Aug. 2. @Vanessa28, I believe batches are being sent out...! We all have been anxiously waiting...!! Just persevere a little while longer!

Best of luck to everyone :-)

"As we are trying to figure it out, God has already worked it out!!!!"

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello future PAs,

I was told that The program has chosen who was accepted and waitlisted. I am sure the process is long and some will be notified later than others.

Also, They probably will not send any rejection letters until they have confirmation of 65 students accepting the invitation to the program.

So basically now, it is up to those who accept or deny the admission.

Best of luck to those of you on waitlist!!

Hey guys, this forum is getting toooo excited lol. We all will become PA's no matter if it's a yes or no, if this is what you want, a winner never quits. I think our answer will come when were least expecting it!! Ok, so of course they didn't send out all 65 acceptances, and rejected others, I don't think UTRGV would put all their eggs in one basket so quick lol (judging the turn around rate). Everyone's self-service would probably have been updated if that was the case. Getting different answers from the school shows that they aren't on one accord, so don't stress yourselves out about incomplete answers. Like @Samson'sMom said, undergraduate/graduate students could well be working those front desk phones. My status is still "under review", and I submitted my application Aug. 2. @Vanessa28, I believe batches are being sent out...! We all have been anxiously waiting...!! Just persevere a little while longer!

Best of luck to everyone :-)

"As we are trying to figure it out, God has already worked it out!!!!"

You're absolutely right!! Nothing will stop us from achieving our goals and becoming PAs. Hopefully everything clears up soon and we finally get answers that we're anxiously waiting for. Best of luck to you too @Briezzy :)

Hello future PAs,

I was told that The program has chosen who was accepted and waitlisted. I am sure the process is long and some will be notified later than others.

Also, They probably will not send any rejection letters until they have confirmation of 65 students accepting the invitation to the program.

So basically now, it is up to those who accept or deny the admission.

Best of luck to those of you on waitlist!!

So you're saying that not all acceptances have gone out yet? As of now, my status is still under review...

@vanessa28 Not sure if all acceptance letters have been sent out. But the program already selected the 65 top applicants and those who were selected for waitlist.

It makes sense for all of the acceptance letters to have been sent, but they are probably holding on rejection letters in case applicants already accepted elsewhere.

We should still have some hope though.

@vanessa28 Not sure if all acceptance letters have been sent out. But the program already selected the 65 top applicants and those who were selected for waitlist.

It makes sense for all of the acceptance letters to have been sent, but they are probably holding on rejection letters in case applicants already accepted elsewhere.

We should still have some hope though.

I don't see the point of not sending the rejection letters. The waitlist will be used if people choose not to attend this program. I'm still holding on to the belief that not all acceptance or waitlist emails have been sent out. There are only 24 members in the UTRGV PA Class of 2019 facebook group. 

Just FYI some of those members are from the pa class of 2018, looks like about 10 of them aren't from class of 2019.

Good eye aspiringPA53! I didn't look at the pictures/profiles of the members. I did speak with a few of them at length about the program on interview day. I'm not sure if we'll here anything next week because of spring break. We can't do anything, but wait. I'm remaining hopeful and am going to enjoy a week of live music at sxsw! Patience is a virtue ;)  

I was told that most applicants were accepting the invitation, but I also know a few that already accepted the invitation at another university. 

I think that they will just be going down the list based on rank until they have the 65 confirmed. They interviewed a lot of applicants and since the program took a long time to send out emails some of them had already accepted another invitation. 

I just called the graduate office and was told the following: Students who were interviewed and did not receive an invitation to the program COULD be waitlisted. I asked the lady I spoke with if they had sent out all emails to the students who were waitlisted. They said they do not have the final wait list yet. I was told that by the end of this month we should know for sure if we were accepted, waitlisted, or rejected. If anyone calls the graduate office, please let us know what they tell you. Thank you! Good luck!

I called the Graduate College and was told all students who were accepted were already notified. I was also told that when they spoke about batches they were talking about those who were waitlisted as all those who were waitlisted have NOT ALL been notified as previously stated by @jesc so if you did not recieve an invitation to the pa program you could possibly be waitlisted. I asked if there was a chance we would hear back this week and was told it would most likely be next week as this week is spring break. I spoke with Tanya from the Graduate College in Brownsville, she also notified me that it was correct that you would know by the end of this month if you were accepted, rejected or waitlisted. I also asked who we would be receiving this waitlisted email from or rejected email from and was told it would be coming from her director at the Graduate College and that he would dedicate one day to doing that and our self service account would also be updated. Good luck to all and I hope this helps alleviate any stress any of you all are feeling right now, I know I'm not the only one worried, just know there is a little bit of hope as Tanya said she received this email today from her director.

I called the Graduate College and was told all students who were accepted were already notified. I was also told that when they spoke about batches they were talking about those who were waitlisted as all those who were waitlisted have NOT ALL been notified as previously stated by @jesc so if you did not recieve an invitation to the pa program you could possibly be waitlisted. I asked if there was a chance we would hear back this week and was told it would most likely be next week as this week is spring break. I spoke with Tanya from the Graduate College in Brownsville, she also notified me that it was correct that you would know by the end of this month if you were accepted, rejected or waitlisted. I also asked who we would be receiving this waitlisted email from or rejected email from and was told it would be coming from her director at the Graduate College and that he would dedicate one day to doing that and our self service account would also be updated. Good luck to all and I hope this helps alleviate any stress any of you all are feeling right now, I know I'm not the only one worried, just know there is a little bit of hope as Tanya said she received this email today from her director.

I was also told that there is a person in charge of YOUR INDIVIDUAL personal application, meaning that there is an individual dedicated to your own personal application. I don't know why we weren't told this before... I asked who was in charge of my application and was given her name and email address. I sent her an email today to ask her more questions but have not received an answer yet! Hope this helps!

"All accepted student were already notified"? 

Darn... lol. Well congrats to everyone on their acceptances!!! So excited for y'all to start the journey on the PA Profession.

I haven't seen anyone else post on here in a few days... despite feeling extremely self conscious about myself now... I received my rejection letter 4 days ago. I am so excited and proud of everyone who received an acceptance. Y'all truly made it through and succeeded. Can't wait to join y'all some day.

I heard the same news late last week as well. I was sort of in shock, I assumed I would at the very least get waitlisted since that's what happened last time I applied/interviewed here. Oh well I guess things truly happen for a reason, I think this program is wanting to build a specific class profile. I am at least waitlisted for a couple other school out of state and still have a chance. Congratulations to those accepted, and good luck to the rest of you!

Archived