UTPA 2016-2017 Admissions Cycle

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone who hasn't been accepted called the graduate office to determine if they sent out all 60 acceptance emails or if they're doing it in waves? 

I just called the graduate school and spoke with someone who didn't seem to know how emails are being sent out. She looked up my application and said there were no additional comments and my application was still under review. She transferred me to the person who processed my application when I applied. The person that processes your application when you apply, follows it from beginning to end. That person told me they've only sent out a few acceptances and no rejections. As the PA program decides, your self service account is updated, and the graduate school sends an email. She confirmed, like mohsderm2016 said, acceptances are being sent in waves as the PA program decides. 

@mohsderm - I like your username! What kind of work do you do? I used to gross in anatomical specimens for pathological examination and I'd say about 50% of the specimens were derm cases. I've definitely grossed in my fair share of 24 hour mohs cases. 

Congratulations futurePA_2016! I was definitely having my doubts yesterday. My sister said, "Don't worry girl, you're an "S", they just haven't gotten to you." Lol...gotta love her, but I don't think they are going in alphabetical order. I'm staying hopeful and basically sitting in front of the computer refreshing every 2 seconds. Positive thoughts!

Guest Senriquez23

I was put on an alternate list as well, there's still a chance though. So, everyone who gets wait listed keep your hopes up!

I'm definitely worried now. It would make sense that waitlist emails would be sent out only after all acceptances have been sent out, but I don't know. This cycle was my first time applying. As far as waitlist goes, my understanding is that they do not rank the waitlist. When a spot opens up, they review everyone on the waitlist again and select the person to fill that spot. 

I'm definitely worried now. It would make sense that waitlist emails would be sent out only after all acceptances have been sent out, but I don't know. This cycle was my first time applying. As far as waitlist goes, my understanding is that they do not rank the waitlist. When a spot opens up, they review everyone on the waitlist again and select the person to fill that spot. 

I feel the same way. 

I just called the Graduate School... twice... lol. I received the same generic answer both times from two different people: "They are still reviewing some applications, have not decided on some of them yet. We did send out the first batch that they decided on, and are working on the rest. You should hear back tentatively, so keep checking your emails".

I applied relatively early.

Interviewed on Jan 9.

Current Status: Under Review

I'm doing some meditation, trying to remain calm. I'm telling myself that maybe those that received emails were in the first batch sent over to the graduate school and those that are in the second batch haven't heard anything yet. That would explain why some were accepted and waitlisted (because all decisions have been made from the first batch). Hoping that there will be another wave of acceptances and waitlists coming shortly.

I applied in October

Interviewed on Jan 9 with Dr. Strong & Longoria

Current Status: Under Review 

Graduate office mentioned not all acceptance letters were out. I called the PA office and the lady asked for my name. She suggested for me to continue looking out for an email. Not sure if that was a nice way of saying I did not get in, or maybe saying I should get the acceptance soon. I think all of us who are still waiting are just over analyzing everything, in reality all we can do is wait...

Yes waiting, is not very exciting...

Thank you all for the updates!! It helps to know what is happening. 

Congrats! And fingers crossed for those still waiting!

I applied July 29th, interviewed January 10, received acceptance email March 6th.

Is there a Facebook group yet for Class of 2019?

I don't think there is... but you should make one! That way we know how many have accepted the invitation! (:

Archived