UTPA 2016-2017 Admissions Cycle

So I called the PA department and they said they recently sent a list to the graduate department on who was accepted/rejected. I called the graduate department and they made it seem like they have sent out emails?? I tried to clarify but I don't know if she understood me entirely. Has anyone heard anything? 

From my understanding, once the graduate department gets the list they need to "approve" and then they will send out the emails. So it should be very soon. 

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I called the PA Program and wasn't given anymore information than what I've already received which is to keep an eye out for an email from the Graduate College. I asked if they have sent the list to the Graduate Collge for those who were (Accepted, Rejected or Waitlisted) and my question wasn't answered so I called the Graduate College and just received confirmation that they received a batch from the PA Program today and are still waiting for the remaining batch. They advised me that it will take a few days to evaluate it and they will be sent out soon and once they received the next batch it will take a few days to review that one too. So yes guys it's going to happen any day now, best of luck to everyone!

Hey guys!! I recently made an account, and I'm trying (keyword: trying) to not obsessively check my email every 5 seconds lol. I had my interview on January 13th, and I also want to wish everyone the best of luck this time around. @AspiringPA53, thanks for the info!! It is much appreciated!! Hopefully good news comes our way, but if not, don't give up, and keep at it until you get in. The PA my dad sees told him it took her 4 years to get in, so don't lose hope if this year happens to not be your year because it will happen, just not at the time you expect. Ik we'll all become awesome PAs one day... :)

@Vanessa28 thank you. Keeping the positive vibes! Best of luck to you too! I know we all are hoping for great news, I feel like knowing that we are that much closer to finding out has just made this even more stressful. Yes you are right things happen when they are suppose to and in Gods timing whether it be this year or next year or within the next couple of years. I'm a firm believer in the power of prayer and the power of having faith. If this happens to not be your year, use this year to improve yourself, make yourself standout next year. Increase your chances by doing more that will make your application stand out. Use this years interview as a practice interview for next year, but never give up! If this is your dream guys, keep trying! Don't let one letter determine your fate, you have the power to make your dreams a reality, but you have to keep on keeping on. I really wish we all could be guaranteed a seat, but just know each year until 2020 we are increasing our chances because the class should be up to 100 seats by then, yes it will just mean it will be getting more competitive but your chances are also increasing! Keep the faith and sending positive vibes to each and every one of you!

@AspiringPA53 you're very welcome. Of course!! That's the only way I won't lose my sanity with all this stress, especially since we're so close to finding out!! It's true that each year it will become more competitive, but that doesn't mean we can't get in, and like you said, the number of spots will increase, so I think that's a definite plus. Sure we'll be a little sad if we don't make it this year, but we can't let that stop us. The waiting is so hard, and the PA school application process has been one of the most stressful things I've ever been through, including the interview since it was my first time. Having said that, I'm willing to go through all this again because ik for a fact that I want to be a PA and this is what I want to do for the rest of my life. I've been hoping and praying every day, so now all that's left to do is wait. Again, good luck to everyone, and may the odds be ever in your favor... ;)

I thought I was stressed last week about this... this week is totally bonkers, lol. To think that some of last year's batch found out on 02/01, it's been so nerve wrecking!!! Well let's hope we get good Spring news in March. From all of y'all that I personally met on my interview day, I think they had a difficult choice to make. Everyone was so friendly and qualified. Good Luck everyone!!! Trust in Him.

Hey guys!! So I emailed the graduate school, and they said that there are still a couple steps that need to be taken before they let us know if we have been accepted, denied, or waitlisted. They also said we should know within this month, and I was like wow that narrows it down, but at least it's something. I swear this waiting will be the death of me...

@buddhaluv1 no problem!! I'm also feeling the same way!! I honestly don't know how I'm still sane after all this waiting, and it'd suck to find out I wasn't accepted after all this time, but hey, that's a risk we're all willing to take. Every day I hope and pray and resist the urge to check my email 20,000 times a day. Thanks OCD...

Thank you everyone for keeping us updated and informed. I really appreciate it! This will be a forum for future PA candidates to follow and it sure is a lively one! ???? @Samson'sMom I too had my lease end but mine was in February. ???? Thankfully I had my parents allow my family to move in with them til I find out. This is definitely stressful but either way it's all worth it no matter the result. Good luck everyone! Trust in Him because it is His plan. ❤

I received a letter of acceptance a little while ago today. However I will be declining my spot, I've decided to attend another PA program. Hopefully this opens up a spot for somebody :). I wish everyone luck and do not give up hope! I had started to think I wouldn't get in this year after receiving four rejections, but then I got two acceptances after those rejections. Remember all it takes is one acceptance to be on your way to becoming a PA. Best wishes to everyone

I received a letter of acceptance a little while ago today. However I will be declining my spot, I've decided to attend another PA program. Hopefully this opens up a spot for somebody :). I wish everyone luck and do not give up hope! I had started to think I wouldn't get in this year after receiving four rejections, but then I got two acceptances after those rejections. Remember all it takes is one acceptance to be on your way to becoming a PA. Best wishes to everyone

Congratulations! 

Congrats on the acceptances!!! I have not received an email yet and self service still says under review. Hoping I will receive one soon as this is my top choice. Sitting here a little worried when I was so confident. There were so many great applicants! I'm really hoping I get a spot. What time did you receive your emails? Good luck to everyone waiting for the good news!

Archived