UTPA 2016-2017 Admissions Cycle

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't heard anything either. I've called the PA Program and the Graduate College and they said it's a long process but to continue to keep up with my email and my self service account on the UTRGV website. Earlier this week they said if I haven't heard from them by this week then to call them back on Monday.....I'm assuming it will be this week if not by next week.....sounds promising but nonetheless it's still stressful not knowing where we stand.

I haven't heard anything either. I've called the PA Program and the Graduate College and they said it's a long process but to continue to keep up with my email and my self service account on the UTRGV website. Earlier this week they said if I haven't heard from them by this week then to call them back on Monday.....I'm assuming it will be this week if not by next week.....sounds promising but nonetheless it's still stressful not knowing where we stand.

^^ So, are you going to call on Monday? lol

Has anyone heard of anyone being rejected? Because the last time I called last week, I asked if they had sent out any "accepted, rejected or waitlisted emails" they said "yes, it depends" and didn't go into any details but I've been keeping up with this forum and no one has said if they were accepted but I didn't think anyone would be too quick to say they were rejected either but has anyone heard of anyone being rejected recently? The reason I ask is it gives us a good idea as to what's been sent out if any.

Has anyone heard of anyone being rejected? Because the last time I called last week, I asked if they had sent out any "accepted, rejected or waitlisted emails" they said "yes, it depends" and didn't go into any details but I've been keeping up with this forum and no one has said if they were accepted but I didn't think anyone would be too quick to say they were rejected either but has anyone heard of anyone being rejected recently? The reason I ask is it gives us a good idea as to what's been sent out if any.

Was this the graduate department that said this? Or the PA program? I have yet to hear anything back from the program, on the Self Service Center where we did the supplement application my status still says "Under Review". I am guessing this will change once they are ready to send out accepted emails 

@aldrialoren best of luck to you too! Really hoping for the best! I know all of us won't be receiving the positive news that we hope for but don't give up guys. Stay positive, even if it doesn't happen this year for all of us. Try again and use this opportunity to do better next year to improve yourself, we got this guys! God bless and best of luck to each and everyone of y'all.

I think we should just be patient. I know how hard it can be waiting, but calling them and sending them emails is not going to help. If anybody hears from them, please post on here so people can know that they are notifying people and follow this topic so you all are updated. Good luck everyone! 

@joshg333 this was from the Graduate College, they even asked for my name and told me my application was still "Under Review" I was just caught off guard when they said "Yes, it depends" then asked for my name. I was also looking at old forums to determine when to expect this email but it looks like it's been a combination of Feb. & March when they sent out those emails.

@joshg333 you are right because every time I've called it's like I hear something different every time, which has gotten very frustrating but all we can do is wait, it's really hard to be patient but at this point I think that's all we can do. Good luck everyone, it's a new week so hopefully we hear something soon.

When does classes start?

Archived