UTPA 2016-2017 Admissions Cycle

Not sure if it has changed from when I interviewed, but roughly speaking the cognitive one is an assessment of the applicants academic potential and preparedness for undertaking rigorous course load in the program. Then the non-cognitive one was essentially a determination of the applicants knowledge of and dedication to the PA profession etc. The non-cog differed too in that the interviewers did not have access to your GPA from what I remember. They explained all this to the applicants during the initial introduction and presentation of the school.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey all! I got an invitation to interview 1/10!!! Can anyone give us an example of what the interview (cognitive and non-cognitive) is like? For example, is it like an assessment test that we take individually? Group interviews? I'm curious with it lasting 7:45-5 p.m. Any help is much appreciated. Thank you and good luck to everyone!!

Hey everyone, I am interviewing on January12! I am very grateful for the opportunity. Current PA students and prior applicants can you please share the interview format (panel vs group), pros and cons of the program and do's and don't that you learned from your experience? Thanks in advance and good luck to all who are interviewing this cycle! :-)

Interviewed yesterday very impressed with this program! Very non-stressful interview, I would just recommend being yourself. Definitely do the campus tour if you have a chance. You should plan on being there until 5:00 because they ask you to do an evaluation at the end. I did hear of some students leaving before this though. Good luck to you all!

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know how many total people they ended up interviewing?

I interviewed Monday 1/9 and was told 259 interviews and 65 spots (about a 25% chance). We were told we would hear back at the end of January or beginning of February. Please post if you've heard anything different. I will post as soon as I hear the good news! Thinking positive ;) Good luck to all!

Archived