TTUSCH 2016-2017 Admissions Cycle

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I interviewed on the 23rd as well. Haven't heard anything yet.

Tannn and EZRT: did they mention anything about housing during the day? I have a friend who used to live in Lubbock and she said housing in Midland was insane -- months-long wait lists for places, seriously over-priced apartments, etc. I guess because of the influx of people working in the oil industry? That was a few years ago, though, so I'm wondering if maybe it's better now? Thanks!

Tannn and EZRT: did they mention anything about housing during the day? I have a friend who used to live in Lubbock and she said housing in Midland was insane -- months-long wait lists for places, seriously over-priced apartments, etc. I guess because of the influx of people working in the oil industry? That was a few years ago, though, so I'm wondering if maybe it's better now? Thanks!

Some of the current students talked about housing and it seems like the apartment costs have gone down a lot compared to the last few years. 

Hello all! Current student here! I very much enjoy PA school at Texas Tech in Midland! Please tag me in a post if you have any specific questions. I'm here to help! Good luck! 

hwilson1216, thank you for offering to answer questions! I am interested to learn more the housing situation in Midland. A friend used to live in W. Texas (Lubbock) and she said housing in Midland was insane -- months-long wait lists for places, seriously over-priced apartments, etc. That was a few years ago, though, so maybe it's changed? Any info is appreciated. Thanks!

hwilson1216, thank you for offering to answer questions! I am interested to learn more the housing situation in Midland. A friend used to live in W. Texas (Lubbock) and she said housing in Midland was insane -- months-long wait lists for places, seriously over-priced apartments, etc. That was a few years ago, though, so maybe it's changed? Any info is appreciated. Thanks!

The entire economy in Midland is VERY dependent on Oil! It is true that a couple years ago the cost of living in Midland was insane. But since then, Oil has dropped significantly which means cost of living has decreased as well! The most popular apartment among the class is Sundance Creek. There are many nice apartment complexes in Midland to choose from, however. Make sure you call apartment complexes to get prices- a lot of the time the prices are incorrect online. If you want to live alone, a usual price to pay is about $800-$900 a month (which is really not that bad). Many of the students decided to room together to save on cost! There are also houses to rent around the area. Right now, housing is rather reasonable, but the market can change quickly based on oil. Happy hunting and let me know if you have anymore questions!

P.S. Ask apartment complexes about getting a student discount and make sure to "refer" your friends if people from your class decide to live at the same place. 

The entire economy in Midland is VERY dependent on Oil! It is true that a couple years ago the cost of living in Midland was insane. But since then, Oil has dropped significantly which means cost of living has decreased as well! The most popular apartment among the class is Sundance Creek. There are many nice apartment complexes in Midland to choose from, however. Make sure you call apartment complexes to get prices- a lot of the time the prices are incorrect online. If you want to live alone, a usual price to pay is about $800-$900 a month (which is really not that bad). Many of the students decided to room together to save on cost! There are also houses to rent around the area. Right now, housing is rather reasonable, but the market can change quickly based on oil. Happy hunting and let me know if you have anymore questions!

P.S. Ask apartment complexes about getting a student discount and make sure to "refer" your friends if people from your class decide to live at the same place. 

Thank you so much for the information! That makes sense -- and you're right, those rates seem fair. Much appreciated! :)

Archived