UNTHSC 2016-2017 Admissions Cycle

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm with y'all! I verified on July 28th, and haven't gotten an interview yet. Even have a connection that told me she put in a good word for me. But since it seems many people have already been denied, no news must be good news. Hoping for a shot here!

I verified around that time as well, a little earlier in July, and still have not heard back yet. Also hoping for the best!

Did you apply in September as well to your other schools?

CASPA verified 8/24

GRE scores received 9/9 It took almost 30 days for my scores to post because ETS lost/had no record of my 4 free schools and so I had to pay to have them sent. So I missed UTMB deadline and missed TTUHSC date for guaranteed review of application because of GRE mishap.

UTRGV, Hardin Simmons, and Charles Drew in CA still in the running.

CASPA verified 8/24

GRE scores received 9/9 It took almost 30 days for my scores to post because ETS lost/had no record of my 4 free schools and so I had to pay to have them sent. So I missed UTMB deadline and missed TTUHSC date for guaranteed review of application because of GRE mishap.

UTRGV, Hardin Simmons, and Charles Drew in CA still in the running.

Well good luck. Hardin Simmons just started sending invites and UTRGV not yet.

• 3 weeks later...

There's a thread for Hardin Simmons but it's not grouped under Texas for some reason. You can search for it.

Hardin Simmons sent invites for first round of interviews. Interviews are on December 2. Application review is ongoing. My application was complete (GRE scores) on 9/9/16 and I haven't heard anything.

Bummer, still haven't heard back yet. Did they say that all the spots were filled? Or they didn't give that information?

No, they didn't give that information. They just said they were extending invitations for their final interview session for this application cycle. I would think they still have a few seats open, however, since they are giving more interviews.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm on the waitlist too and haven't heard anything

I emailed this today

Hi,

I was wondering if there was any update regarding the waitlist for the class entering July 2017. Will students on the waitlist be made aware of their placement on the list and movement within the list? Thank you in advance.

And they replied a few hours later

We do not rank our waitlist. We are looking to maintain 75 seats in our upcoming class, if that number drops below 75 we will go to the waitlist and review candidates to make offers. This process can continue until the class begins in July. Usually we utilize 40 percent of our wait list.

I emailed this today

Hi,

I was wondering if there was any update regarding the waitlist for the class entering July 2017. Will students on the waitlist be made aware of their placement on the list and movement within the list? Thank you in advance.

And they replied a few hours later

We do not rank our waitlist. We are looking to maintain 75 seats in our upcoming class, if that number drops below 75 we will go to the waitlist and review candidates to make offers. This process can continue until the class begins in July. Usually we utilize 40 percent of our wait list.

Thank you for the information :).

Archived