UNTHSC 2016-2017 Admissions Cycle

Anybody else here that hasn't received a rejection or an interview invite? Can't help but think the worst like what if my application got lost >_<? It would be reassuring to know that I wasn't the only one that hasn't heard anything yet.

haven't heard anything from them either since i got the initial email from them a couple of months back letting me know everything was received

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you!! I'm beyond excited.

The interview process was a good one. Consists of some MMI stations, short answer, and critical thinking tasks. There really isn't a way to prepare for it, which I think is great. It went by quickly, and the faculty/students were very friendly and welcoming. It wasn't very stressful, in my opinion. The campus is beautiful, the facilities are awesome (big spacious anatomy lab, beautiful library, tons of places to study, and you can see downtown Ft. Worth from the study areas), and they had a lot of great snacks/drinks for us. Oh, and it was only 3 hours and 45 minutes, so that was stress relieving in my book.

I got a call on Monday afternoon as well.  Thanks for all the insights provided on this forum site.  While I haven't contributed much in the means of posts, the information I have obtained on here has been somewhat invaluable.  Best of luck to everyone else in the admissions process.

Thank you!! I'm beyond excited.

The interview process was a good one. Consists of some MMI stations, short answer, and critical thinking tasks. There really isn't a way to prepare for it, which I think is great. It went by quickly, and the faculty/students were very friendly and welcoming. It wasn't very stressful, in my opinion. The campus is beautiful, the facilities are awesome (big spacious anatomy lab, beautiful library, tons of places to study, and you can see downtown Ft. Worth from the study areas), and they had a lot of great snacks/drinks for us. Oh, and it was only 3 hours and 45 minutes, so that was stress relieving in my book.

Congrats!!! So you heard back earlier than the 2 weeks they said??

So does that mean the class is full? I never heard anything after receiving the application received email.

The class isn't full yet--this past interview was the first one. This is how I understood the process: after interviewing, the school will contact each person and give them an acceptance, denial, or wait list decision 2 weeks later or earlier.

I don't know how many interviews they're giving out, but I imagine there will be at least a couple more after the one in October, but that's just a guess. And since they are rolling admission, there are less seats available after each interview.

Also, I don't think I heard anything from them until the interview invite, after getting the 'application received' email.

So does that mean the class is full? I never heard anything after receiving the application received email.

No I don't think it means it's full. I'm assuming they'll go through all the interviews, offer admissions to people, and if there are open seats or people that decline the acceptance then they will pull people off the wait list

Good luck to everyone that got an interview! I'm a current student in the 2019 class, and I absolutely love it. If anyone ever has any questions just shoot away and I"ll answer when I can. I was able to talk to many different students during my application process, and it helped my decision making/transition into PA school a lot. Here for ya if you need it! 

What do you see as the benefit of the longer program? Is the extra time spent mostly with more didactic class time or clinical time? Just trying to weigh the pros and cons and figure out why their program is longer you know? :) 

Any other interviews sent out??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't heard anything yet. When I contacted the admissions office a couple weeks ago, they told me that half of the interviews have been sent out and there are still 2 interview sessions left (into December).

Hello! I just received an email that I was rejected from this program. I did not receive an invitation to interview. Thankfully, a couple of days ago, I just accepted at UTSW. Best of luck to all those applying, I think no news is probably good news!

Congratulations on your UTSW acceptance!  When were you verified? 

For those who have been accepted and took the offer, did you just send in the signed acceptance letter? Want to make sure I'm not leaving anything out.

That's all I did. And joined the FB page. There are some other papers/trainings (like blood borne pathogen) that I saw we have to complete at some point (on the new student orientation webpage, bottom of the page), but I haven't done it yet. Didn't see any set deadlines. As far as I know, there isn't really anything else we need to do until we receive further instruction from Ms. White.

Archived