UNTHSC 2016-2017 Admissions Cycle

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

May I also ask what your stats are? Mine are pretty low (3.2 cum) and Im a TX resident. Haven't applied yet but I have a feeling I might be rejected...

3.8 cum and 3.6 science and just over 2000 hours as a cna. However, no letter from a PA and limited shadowing experience with an NP. I'm not a texas resident

9000 hours of HCE as an LVN and CNA. 100 volunteer hours . Letter from PA . MD. And nursing school instructor. 3.3 gpa I think ? For science 3.6 cumulative . Deans list every semester. Who's who award. 100 shadowing hours. Texas resident 2 associate degrees in addition to my bachelors .

Wow, you sound like an awesome candidate. I wonder why you got rejected... with no interview?

If I may squeeze in here for a sec....

I graduated from here many years ago- and while things may have changed since then, back when I went to UNT there was no osteopathic component to the program. Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine is a very controversial topic when it comes to PAs- in fact, I've never met or even heard of a PA who works or does OMM with a DO. While yes, we interacted with the DO students, we're not taking OMM classes with them.

As far as the more general "osteopathic approach"- understand that all PA programs have a didactic program that follows the guidelines set forth by the ARC-PA- no matter what type of program it is or where it's located. So unless UNT has added an OMM class to their core PA curriculum- and I highly doubt that's the case- there is nothing about the UNT program that is "osteopathic". But it's still a great program.

If I may squeeze in here for a sec....

I graduated from here many years ago- and while things may have changed since then, back when I went to UNT there was no osteopathic component to the program. Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine is a very controversial topic when it comes to PAs- in fact, I've never met or even heard of a PA who works or does OMM with a DO. While yes, we interacted with the DO students, we're not taking OMM classes with them.

As far as the more general "osteopathic approach"- understand that all PA programs have a didactic program that follows the guidelines set forth by the ARC-PA- no matter what type of program it is or where it's located. So unless UNT has added an OMM class to their core PA curriculum- and I highly doubt that's the case- there is nothing about the UNT program that is "osteopathic". But it's still a great program.

Thanks for the info! Good to know.

• 2 weeks later...

This is my second time applying to this school. Last year I waited very very very late in the game to apply so I am praying for better luck this time because I had everything verified and submitted by 6/29 this time. Last year I never received a rejection letter, and finally emailed them. They responded and said they sent me a rejection letter like 2 months prior to me emailing that somehow was never delivered to me. I know some have already received rejection letters this cycle but has anyone received an interview invite yet? I'm super paranoid I wont get my email either way just like last year.

This is my second time applying to this school. Last year I waited very very very late in the game to apply so I am praying for better luck this time because I had everything verified and submitted by 6/29 this time. Last year I never received a rejection letter, and finally emailed them. They responded and said they sent me a rejection letter like 2 months prior to me emailing that somehow was never delivered to me. I know some have already received rejection letters this cycle but has anyone received an interview invite yet? I'm super paranoid I wont get my email either way just like last year.

I haven't heard any word of anyone getting an invitation to interview yet. I thought it was strange we hadn't heard anything yet (based on the past few cycles), but just attributed it to volume of applications. I'm hoping we will hear something by the end of this week, but maybe it will take longer, who knows?

Let's hope the technical difficulties was just a rare mistake!

I emailed and asked about interviews. They just started sending them out this week.

Awesome, looks like we will start hearing something soon. I'm surprised no one has said anything about getting an interview on this thread, unless they're keeping it a secret! Haha, but really, thanks for sharing.

The cumulative GPA of the admitted class of 2019 is 3.77 and the science GPA is 3.73, just to give you an idea of who they admitted. Last I checked they have not uploaded the curriculum for class of 2019 but I don't believe there is an OMM class.

I am in the class of 2019 and there are no OMM classes in our curriculum. 

Good luck everyone!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived