UNTHSC 2016-2017 Admissions Cycle

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What do you see as the benefit of the longer program? Is the extra time spent mostly with more didactic class time or clinical time? Just trying to weigh the pros and cons and figure out why their program is longer you know? :) 

So the length of the program will contribute to a longer didactic as well as a longer clinical time. The pros and cons for this are different for everyone. I personally love that we get the whole month of December off as compared to two weeks. It's a much needed break that I think will prevent a burnout for most people. For people that are from out of state like myself it's nice that we can go home for the holidays and get some good time with family and what not as well. Talking to friends in other PA programs, we definitely spend more time on certain classes than they do. For example, we take anatomy the whole fall semester, and two of my friends at different programs only had it for about two months.. So professors here will tell you that they use the extra time to be as thorough as possible. In regards to clinical time, I'm not too knowledgeable of that but my classmates have said that we get more clinical rotations than most programs and a longer period of time! Lastly, though the program is longer, the price is still way cheaper than most programs. Cost was a big factor for me so to get longer time yet pay less was a no brainer for me! It still can be dismaying to see people who started PA school the same time as you finish before you though... haha

Thank you!! I'm beyond excited.

The interview process was a good one. Consists of some MMI stations, short answer, and critical thinking tasks. There really isn't a way to prepare for it, which I think is great. It went by quickly, and the faculty/students were very friendly and welcoming. It wasn't very stressful, in my opinion. The campus is beautiful, the facilities are awesome (big spacious anatomy lab, beautiful library, tons of places to study, and you can see downtown Ft. Worth from the study areas), and they had a lot of great snacks/drinks for us. Oh, and it was only 3 hours and 45 minutes, so that was stress relieving in my book.

Do you remember how many stations they had and how long you had for each one?

How did you feel about your interview after? I just interviewed there! I liked the style but I think I did meh.

I tossed and turned the night after the interview because I couldn't decide if I felt good or bad about how I did. In fact, one of the short answers, I only had a couple of sentences because I ran out of time.

I decided that my perception can't be trusted when it comes to interview performance. It's just impossible to anticipate in either direction, in my opinion.

Is anyone else in the same boat as me still waiting to hear about a potential interview? Haven't heard anything! Do we know if more will be sent out or when?

In the October interview, the faculty said depending on the candidates in the November interview they will evaluate whether they want to have a final January interview or not. So that's probably what they're waiting for.

I'm still waiting. I think there's going to be a round in Nov and Dec. Since some people have received rejections, I figure no news is good news. I applied early September. You?

I'm with y'all! I verified on July 28th, and haven't gotten an interview yet. Even have a connection that told me she put in a good word for me. But since it seems many people have already been denied, no news must be good news. Hoping for a shot here!

Archived