UTSW 2016-2017 Application Cycle

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey everyone!

I'm a first year student here at UTSW and I just wanted to say that on behalf of all the students and faculty we are EXTREMELY excited to meet everyone at the interviews. It's going to be a fun and enjoyable MMI this year! For those of you that are patiently waiting to hear back, do not worry! You will all hear something very soon. If you have any questions in the mean time regarding interview breakdown, school life, leisure time, etc. just let me know! 

Hey everyone!

I'm a first year student here at UTSW and I just wanted to say that on behalf of all the students and faculty we are EXTREMELY excited to meet everyone at the interviews. It's going to be a fun and enjoyable MMI this year! For those of you that are patiently waiting to hear back, do not worry! You will all hear something very soon. If you have any questions in the mean time regarding interview breakdown, school life, leisure time, etc. just let me know! 

Super excited for the interview this weekend and to meet all of you! Couple of questions: what does the meet and greet entail, I think I heard there's a powerpoint? Also, how many hours do you study during the week/weekends and how much leisure time do you have? I've combed through Paul Gonzalez's blog about his UTSW experience, but I wanna hear others' experiences too! Thanks!

Just wanted to say that I was really impressed with the interview experience this weekend. The meet and greet was warm, welcoming, had good food. Thought it was special that all the faculty was there during their time off to meet us and make us feel comfortable. The PA students were so nice and helpful, they were everywhere to make sure we knew where to go and what to do. They even stood out in the drizzle with signs that said 'PA interview' out on the street to make sure we knew where to park and where to go in. All of the faculty had an air of humility and were so genuine. Everything was well-organized. We were graciously taken care of. Anyways, I could go on about them, but just thought I'd share what a great experience I had there. Really fantastic people and program!

I haven't heard from them since getting the email that my application was processing and received login info and update for SSN. Starting to freak that I did something wrong on my application. When you guys login, does it show your status as complete or anything? When I login, it shows no holds and no to do's but no indication of application status. Kicking myself for not realizing sooner. :(

Happy to announce acceptance emails are coming out from their recent interviews. I interviewed yesterday and was emailed today at 12:45pm with an offer of acceptance.

Congrats on your acceptance! But is this for UTSW? To my knowledge they've only held one interview so far, which was on 9/10/16.

Congrats on your acceptance! But is this for UTSW? To my knowledge they've only held one interview so far, which was on 9/10/16.

No you all are correct. Sorry I just realized that in my excitement I posted on the UTSW and not UTMB page.I received an acceptance at UTMB.  I do not interview here until Sept 30/Oct 1.  Sorry I messed up, so don't lose hope!

No you all are correct. Sorry I just realized that in my excitement I posted on the UTSW and not UTMB page.I received an acceptance at UTMB. I do not interview here until Sept 30/Oct 1. Sorry I messed up, so don't lose hope!

Even then, congrats!! I'll be interviewing at UTMB on the 19th so it's awesome that they're notifying people so soon.

You'll love the experience at UTSW, I know I did. The faculty, student body, facility, and environment are all amazing. Good luck with your interview here!

I interviewed 9/10 and was super excited to receive a call notifying me of my acceptance on 9/13! For those of you who have yet to interview or those waiting to hear back, good luck! Excellent program and very down-to-earth faculty, they do everything possible to make you feel welcome and at home.

I interviewed 9/10 and was super excited to receive a call notifying me of my acceptance on 9/13! For those of you who have yet to interview or those waiting to hear back, good luck! Excellent program and very down-to-earth faculty, they do everything possible to make you feel welcome and at home.

Congrats!! I agree the faculty was great and overall an awesome program. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived