2016-2017 cycle

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey ATC2PA,

Do you like the program? What's your favorite thing about it? Do you feel like it's diverse? I'm a little worried it's not..

I absolutely love the program.  The thing that I like the most is that it is a small class size.  I had a few other options of attending programs that were a little bigger, but I didn't get the same sense of connection with the staff that I have at Marietta.  The professors have an open door policy and are more than willing to answer any questions you might have which is different from some of the other programs where I interviewed.  The professors are all down to earth and also care about how you are doing outside of class time and want to get to know you as a person, not just a student.

Another thing about Marietta is that I was tired of living a big city life and I wanted to get back to a small town atmosphere, which is exactly what Marietta offers.  If you are looking for a school that is in a big city, then Marietta is not the place for you.  Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love being here, but I also know that not everyone desires the small town feel.  

As for the diverse part of your question I'm not exactly sure how to answer.  In what aspect of diversity are you asking?  Every single person in my class has a very unique background.  Some have had thousands of contact hours while others have not had any.  Some have just graduated from their bachelor's program and others have been working for the past decade.  Some are married with children and others are single. Some are from the area and others are from thousands of miles away. Not to get philosophical, but the word diverse, in itself, is extremely diverse.  If you have a more specific question I would be more than happy to answer.

Hope this helps!

I absolutely love the program.  The thing that I like the most is that it is a small class size.  I had a few other options of attending programs that were a little bigger, but I didn't get the same sense of connection with the staff that I have at Marietta.  The professors have an open door policy and are more than willing to answer any questions you might have which is different from some of the other programs where I interviewed.  The professors are all down to earth and also care about how you are doing outside of class time and want to get to know you as a person, not just a student.

Another thing about Marietta is that I was tired of living a big city life and I wanted to get back to a small town atmosphere, which is exactly what Marietta offers.  If you are looking for a school that is in a big city, then Marietta is not the place for you.  Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love being here, but I also know that not everyone desires the small town feel.  

As for the diverse part of your question I'm not exactly sure how to answer.  In what aspect of diversity are you asking?  Every single person in my class has a very unique background.  Some have had thousands of contact hours while others have not had any.  Some have just graduated from their bachelor's program and others have been working for the past decade.  Some are married with children and others are single. Some are from the area and others are from thousands of miles away. Not to get philosophical, but the word diverse, in itself, is extremely diverse.  If you have a more specific question I would be more than happy to answer.

Hope this helps!

That sounds so great! I'm happy to hear you like it!

You're right, I apologize, I should have specified I meant culturally diverse. I have an interview coming up so I'm excited to see what I find there!

As a first year student in MCPA program, I just want to offer some advice for your interview…I guess first of all I should say Congratulations to those that have received interviews.  That is one step closer to the goal.  My first tidbit is to make sure that when you get to Marietta, find the PA building where the interviews are.  Most of the main campus are beautiful brick buildings, but the PA building is not.  In fact, I drove by it about 5 times the morning of my interview before I realized that was the building.  As for signage, it is a small sign on the building, but it is not really visible from the road. So be sure to know where you are going that day.  

As for the rest of it, just relax and be yourself.  I know this is easy for me to say, but just remember I was in your shoes last year.  They really are looking at you as a person and they are not looking for a "right" answer so be yourself.

If you need a place to stay the Microtel is a nice hotel.  Obviously it is small, hence micro, but that is where I stayed and the room was sufficient for my purposes.  I am pretty sure they offered a breakfast of sorts, but I can't remember for sure.  

Another thing is when you are at the interview be sure to talk to the current students that are there.  Ask us any questions you might have.  We will be there to help ease the nerves as well as offer some first hand insight into the program, so ask away!!!  We do not report back to the staff so everything is fair game.

I think that is all I have for now so good luck to everyone.  I do try to check this site at least once per week so if you have questions don't hesitate to ask.  Please keep in mind though that I am extremely busy with class and studying so I may not answer right away.  Once again GOOD LUCK!!!!

I was wondering how many minutes you had to answer questions in the group interviews?

I was wondering how many minutes you had to answer questions in the group interviews?

There really isn't a limit on time.  They just want you to answer the question completely and thoroughly, but without rambling on.  So make your point, maybe elaborate a little and then be finished.  Afterall, part of a PA's job is to be able to summarize what a patient says by hitting the major points but without giving a play by play.  Make sense?!  Good luck :)

I keep trying to look at their website, but some links keep coming up as a 404 error message. Marietta DOES have a cadaver lab, right? 

They are working on the website and quite honestly it is not the most user friendly, but yes there is a cadaver lab.  It corresponds with the anatomy lecture in the summer of your first year.

I tried to put the website on here for you, but for some reason it deletes it and will not let me post it.  Sorry

They are working on the website and quite honestly it is not the most user friendly, but yes there is a cadaver lab. It corresponds with the anatomy lecture in the summer of your first year.

I tried to put the website on here for you, but for some reason it deletes it and will not let me post it. Sorry

Thanks anyway!! Yeah the "clinical phase" link works but not the "didactic phase" and I tried both Google Chrome and Safari. I just wanted to make sure they still have it, thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I was verified back in June and have not heard anything as of today. I'm hoping no news is good news. Is anyone else in the same boat?

Not in the same boat as far as date range. However, it does seem like it takes them a while. The deadline for applications was the 1st so I'm sure they will begin spreading things up know.

Archived