January 2017 start

• 1 month later...

I'm still waiting to hear about the waitlist too. So I'm with you! The waiting game is definitely tough. I've heard stories about people getting in just a few days before the program starts when someone drop last minute..so don't lose hope until then :) Do you know if they have a ranked waitlist or if they just reconsider all the candidates when someone drops?

Good luck to you-hoping for the best for you!

I'm still waiting to hear about the waitlist too. So I'm with you! The waiting game is definitely tough. I've heard stories about people getting in just a few days before the program starts when someone drop last minute..so don't lose hope until then :) Do you know if they have a ranked waitlist or if they just reconsider all the candidates when someone drops?

Good luck to you-hoping for the best for you!

I was wondering this as well! I called to ask a few weeks ago but no answer, so I left a voicemail and no one got back to me. I don't want to be super annoying and call again but I'm curious to know how they select off the waitlist. Does anyone know the answer to this?

Good luck to you as well! I'll keep my fingers crossed for the both of us.

• 3 months later...

I interviewed at another school and they told me I lack HCE hours. To remedy the hours they recommend I become a medical scribe. Pittsburgh clearly says they don't count that as HCE. My current profession is medical laboratory science. My question is does anyone know if they count Med Tech hours as HCE? I'm debating if becoming a scribe is the best option.

• 1 month later...

I interviewed at another school and they told me I lack HCE hours. To remedy the hours they recommend I become a medical scribe. Pittsburgh clearly says they don't count that as HCE. My current profession is medical laboratory science. My question is does anyone know if they count Med Tech hours as HCE? I'm debating if becoming a scribe is the best option.

What kind of medical tech? Like phlebotomist tech, radiology tech, cardiology tech (does a lot of ekgs and stress tests etc)? I wouldn't become a medical scribe because though that may work for some schools, some of them don't accept that. I would suggest medical assistant since you can do so much with it! It also seems like a lot of people are CNAs or phlebotomists.

Archived