• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Application & Admissions:

- No rolling admissions

- Application due Sept 1

- Interview invites sent out in Dec

- Interviews held in Jan

- Accept/Deny Feb (typically 2-4 weeks after interview)

- There is a waitlist

Class size 32. Only 81 will be invited for interviews. Approximately 1100 applicants at this time.

PA school location will be moving to Arvada Campus into new Medical Building.

Hope this alleviates some anxieties.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Application & Admissions:

- No rolling admissions

- Application due Sept 1

- Interview invites sent out in Dec

- Interviews held in Jan

- Accept/Deny Feb (typically 2-4 weeks after interview)

- There is a waitlist

Class size 32. Only 81 will be invited for interviews. Approximately 1100 applicants at this time.

PA school location will be moving to Arvada Campus into new Medical Building.

Hope this alleviates some anxieties.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, we have to wait until December to even hear about an interview?!  That's a long time a way... :/

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Question on Prereqs - 

On the Red Rocks website for biology courses "genetics or cell biology" is listed as required for 3 semester hours, and then 9 additional semester hours are listed as required, with general biology, cell biology, genetics, human anatomy, human physiology, and microbiology listed as recommended. This makes sense, except in the Program materials section for Red Rocks on CASPA, many of these "recommended" courses are listed are available for entry on the prerequisite section.  I have taken all these courses, however my anatomy is 100 level.  The program website requests sophomore level anatomy, but as it is only recommended I figured any anatomy couldn't hurt.  Since it appears on the CASPA however, I am now concerned that 200 level anatomy is not just a recommendation but a requirement, contradictory to the website.  Has anyone else looked into this or a similar issue and found an answer?  

Thanks!

PrePAJ

@PrePAJ I think you will definitely need a higher level anatomy. I completed Anatomy and Physiology I in 2011 and Anatomy and Physiology II this summer (both 200 levels), a few days past the August deadline, and it will not be taken into consideration as a "pre-requisite." However, I do have it completed and was told to send my transcript to Ruth Fry. Maybe it wouldn't hurt to reach out? 

Has anyone heard anything about when they will start offering interviews? I see someone posted in for December, but this seems really far in comparison to their last years. Some schools will be well into offering seats at this time. 

@PrePAJ I think you will definitely need a higher level anatomy. I completed Anatomy and Physiology I in 2011 and Anatomy and Physiology II this summer (both 200 levels), a few days past the August deadline, and it will not be taken into consideration as a "pre-requisite." However, I do have it completed and was told to send my transcript to Ruth Fry. Maybe it wouldn't hurt to reach out?

Has anyone heard anything about when they will start offering interviews? I see someone posted in for December, but this seems really far in comparison to their last years. Some schools will be well into offering seats at this time.

I emailed Ruth a while back. She said that the interview offer decisions will be made starting after the October 31st deadline since it's not rolling. Interview offers will be sent out early December with interviews held early January (as a goal). It's a long time to wait, but I'm interested to see what this program has to offer!

I emailed Ruth a while back. She said that the interview offer decisions will be made starting after the October 31st deadline since it's not rolling. Interview offers will be sent out early December with interviews held early January (as a goal). It's a long time to wait, but I'm interested to see what this program has to offer!

Thank you @Erinld! It is a long time to wait! I have another interview December 3rd and will accept a seat if offered, but Red Rocks is my number one choice! 

I hear the program is excellent and employment post-graduation is nearly guaranteed. My best friend just graduated from the program and had nothing but great things to say. When she was accepted, they offered less than 1/3 of the seats to non residents. I am coming from New York so chances are very slim, but you never know!!

Happy waiting to all!

I actually called them, had to do something to calm the anxiety.  In case anyone else is worrying about this - 200 level anatomy is a recommendation not a requirement.  The website is the true standard, Cell bio OR Genetics at a 200 level is required (just one of them), beyond that three additional biology courses are required, and it is recommended that these be comprised by some combination of Micro, 200 level anatomy, 200 level physiology, genetics, and or 200 level cell biology.  On CASPA these recommended courses look like prerequisites, but I was told that isn't the case.  So if you're like me and only have that 100 level anatomy, as long as you have the cell bio/genetics, and three other bios, you meet the requirements.  

Has anyone inquired as to the specifics of the "cell biology" requirement?  I was a BCMB major at a liberal arts school, so I have a bunch of bio classes with all kinds of creative names, and wasn't sure which fit the bill best.  

While on the phone I also asked about interviews, and heard the same thing as @Erinld - December invites for January interviews.  

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys!! I received an interview invite today!! Anyone else?

This is wayyyyy sooner than I thought it would be :) 

"January 9, 10 and 11, 2017, we will be hosting 86 highly qualified candidates from which we will select 32 to fill the class of 2019 (matriculating August 2017)."

Super excited right about now!

I was also invited to an interview! This program and their faculty are so very wonderful. I went to their info session last year and had me completely sold on everything they were doing here. It would be an honor to go here. Good luck everyone, wherever your interviews take you! 

Has anyone gotten the Sign Up Genius email? I have been waiting anxiously! 

Can any current students comment on the new opportunities provided with the move to the Arvada Health Careers Campus?

SO lucky and happy here!

I haven't gotten the email for "sign up genius", but I think will will get it within the week. 

Do you think it would be better to do the first day versus the last day? 

Kinda bummed it is during the week....but excited for the opportunity nonetheless! 

@dtaylor1747 will you be going to the reception on Tuesday as well? 

Archived