WEST VIRGINIA University of Charleston 2016-2017 cycle

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone! I just received an interview invite for September 1st and 2nd! Will anyone else be attending on those days?

Hey! Same here!! Super excited! 

Congrats to everyone who received acceptance and interview invites! I was also invited for an invite to the Sept 1-2! So excited :) Liz630 and Kaurn3, I'll see you guys there!

So I just rented a car for the interview. Would any one who has an interview date for the 31-1 like to split it with me and I will drive us around? I tried to make a reservation with the four points but since I fly in on the 30th I wasnt able to get a group rate and I had to get and airbnb. It has two beds if another female would like to split that with me too. I think it would be about $60 for two nights. If you are interested send me a message! Thanks 

Lodging and transportation

I recommend staying on airbnb.com. I stayed at Kara and Austin's house which is $33 to $40 per night depending on how long you stay. I rented a car on Turo.com for around $28 per day from Amr.

Interviews

The whole process is so much fun. Most of my fellow interviewers were stressed going into it, but began to relax more and more as the process went on. Unlike many other interview processes, the purpose here is not to stress you out, or throw hardball questions at you that you wouldn't be prepared for. Instead it is to see you at your best. When you ask a question during the Q & A, students and faculty respond positively. In your interview when you speak, it is likely the interviewer will be smiling encouragingly or interacting in a way that makes you feel heard and understood. All the questions in the actual interviews are confidential, but that is more to keep the playing field equal than to catch you off guard or trip you up. Not one person said they were tongue tied or didn't know how to respond. Everyone said this is far more comfortable than other interviews they have been to. You are actually treated like a real person. So as JW said, relax and have fun with it. This is not your typical interview, this is more like being hosted at a really cool friend's house who wants to get to know you better. 

For more details on the interview process I recommend this link which explains the format and how your going to be evaluated. 

http://www.ucwv.edu/Physician-Assistant-Program/Admissions/Interviewing-Candidates/

Another applicant posted this a few posts back. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived