WEST VIRGINIA University of Charleston 2016-2017 cycle

I tried to schedule for the 18th and 19th on Monday. Pam said seats were filled for that one. Maybe someone cancelled?

Yes someone cancelled. I'll be there the 18-19th, with the actual interview the afternoon of the 19th. 

I guess the actual dates don't really matter if decisions aren't made until after all interviews are completed..?

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To those interviewing on the 18-19th, would anyone be interested in meeting up the day before? PM me if interested and we can make a plan!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello! A girl friend and I are planning to meet up before! We just don't know where yet. Do you know of a good place?

I'm trying to figure out the best option for which hotel to stay at but I'm having a hard time since I'm unsure about transportation. How is everyone else getting to the interview - Uber, taxi, shuttle, car rental, etc? Also, would it be safe to assume that the first day's dress code is business casual since it's just orientation?

I suggest staying at the Four Points hotel downtown. I believe Pam included a link to it in your email and we have negotiated a great rate there. Also they have shuttle service both to and from the airport as well as to and from UC. That should take some stress off.

As for food suggestions for your meet-ups, we also chose the hotel because it's in the middle of the downtown area where there are great restaurants within walking distance! I suggest Black Sheep for some amazing burritos/drinks or Pies and Pints. Both are very popular spots here.

As always, feel free to PM me with questions or issues. Looking forward to meeting y'all!

I'm trying to figure out the best option for which hotel to stay at but I'm having a hard time since I'm unsure about transportation. How is everyone else getting to the interview - Uber, taxi, shuttle, car rental, etc? Also, would it be safe to assume that the first day's dress code is business casual since it's just orientation?

I dont think Charleston has uber. like sig194 (current class president) suggested, the four points hotel seems to be a good spot, and it is where I am staying. This hotel also has a free shuttle service both to and from the airport, and to and from the school. 

As for dress code, I am assuming professional clothing for both info session and the interview. 

Yes sir, you assume correctly.  Professional for both events.

The evening event will consist of a faculty welcome, a Financial Aid presentation Q&A, then a tour from various members of our current class of 2018, time to chat and mingle, wrapped up with a Q&A panel with our class (sans faculty).  The night will be yours to do as you wish (lots of great stuff to do around the hotel) and then the next morning will be your MMIs and group interviews.  It'll be a whirlwind, but just remember to be yourself.  No pretenses or anything like that.  The program does truly look at you as a whole and sees the person...not just the grades and performance.  So, relax (as much as you can) and try to enjoy the process, UC, and the city! :)

I'm getting a rental car. I have a day before and a day after the interview to do some exploring, so that's how I'll get around

For those who will be in Charleston on Sunday, the 17th. 

kenab1 and I will be meeting on Sunday for dinner at Black Sheep Burrito. Not sure about the time yet, likely 5 or 6 but that may be adjusted slightly. Feel free to contact if you're interested and I'll provide you with my number and the exact time once determined.

See you soon,

Thomas 

Yes sir, you assume correctly. Professional for both events.

The evening event will consist of a faculty welcome, a Financial Aid presentation Q&A, then a tour from various members of our current class of 2018, time to chat and mingle, wrapped up with a Q&A panel with our class (sans faculty). The night will be yours to do as you wish (lots of great stuff to do around the hotel) and then the next morning will be your MMIs and group interviews. It'll be a whirlwind, but just remember to be yourself. No pretenses or anything like that. The program does truly look at you as a whole and sees the person...not just the grades and performance. So, relax (as much as you can) and try to enjoy the process, UC, and the city! :)

Are suits required for the first night or can we do standard business like a dress for women??

Congratulations to everyone who has been invited to interview! I am incredibly impressed with the program. UCPAP is without a doubt, my top choice. There were so many amazing candidates at our interview this week. It is an immense compliment to have made it this far. Good luck to everyone! I hope to be returning in a few short months!

Hey everyone, random question. For anyone who got an invite to interview in August, have they actually scheduled your date and given you all the details? I got an invite last week and responded yes, but I haven't heard anything since. Just curious. Congrats to everyone who's been invited! I've been hearing nothing but good things! 

Hey everyone, random question. For anyone who got an invite to interview in August, have they actually scheduled your date and given you all the details? I got an invite last week and responded yes, but I haven't heard anything since. Just curious. Congrats to everyone who's been invited! I've been hearing nothing but good things! 

I interviewed this week. It also took a few days for me to receive my interview details/date after the interview invite. Don't sweat it. :)

Congratulations to everyone who has been invited to interview! I am incredibly impressed with the program. UCPAP is without a doubt, my top choice. There were so many amazing candidates at our interview this week. It is an immense compliment to have made it this far. Good luck to everyone! I hope to be returning in a few short months!

Loved the program as well! We have a long wait ahead of us.

Good luck to those with interviews coming up!

Archived