2016-2017 Application Cycle

I think the interview was great, everyone was welcoming and informative! I have not heard anything, and don't expect to until 2-3 weeks. Mrs. Dunn made it clear she would mail letters roughly 2 weeks after the interview, and they should arrive whenever the mailman delivers! Good luck to everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyone was very welcoming. Made a stressful situation a little less stressful. I definitely feel like this past week and a half that time has stood still :-) I know they said 2-3 weeks but the past two years some people that were accepted received phone calls within a week to tell them they were accepted. I also know a lot has changed in how they are doing things this year though. Hopefully everyone in this forum just gets acceptance letters when the mailman comes! Everyone will have to keep us posted! Did any of you go to the dinner on Thursday? 

Good luck to everyone interviewing this month! USA is so friendly and welcoming! Just stay calm and relaxed and be yourself! One of the best words of advice someone gave me while I was there was before you go in, have a list of several things you want them to know about you. If there is a question you are unsure of, try to tie in your  answer one of the things on your list. That way, you may not have had the exact answer but the interviewers learned something about you that you think is important. 

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I submitted my application early July & haven't heard back for an interview. So I'm pretty sure my application status has been declined by now because there is only one interview date left in December.

Don't give up hope. I applied late and got my interview invite about two weeks before the interview date. Then received the acceptance letter within 3 weeks.

I submitted my application early July & haven't heard back for an interview. So I'm pretty sure my application status has been declined by now because there is only one interview date left in December.

Keep your head up! People have received an invitation to interview a week before the interview date. Just keep an eye on your e-mail because you have to respond whether or not you want to come pretty quickly. 

figured I'd see if any of ya'll I met got in yet. Don't give up hope you should be finding out anyway now that already interviewed. Yes, there are only 3 interview days left and one is this friday, then the 18th and the 9th of Dec.  Good luck and I'll see meet some of ya'll this friday!!

I spoke with the admissions coordinator to make sure my contact information was updated since I changed my address on CASPA recently. She told me they are behind and to look for notification early next week. She emphasized that it doesn't reflect on my, or anyone else's chances, that they are just behind the timeframe they were shooting for. I got the impression that few if any interviewees from my 10/14 date have received a status update, so i thought I would share that here for anyone who might be starting to worry.

I spoke with the admissions coordinator to make sure my contact information was updated since I changed my address on CASPA recently. She told me they are behind and to look for notification early next week. She emphasized that it doesn't reflect on my, or anyone else's chances, that they are just behind the timeframe they were shooting for. I got the impression that few if any interviewees from my 10/14 date have received a status update, so i thought I would share that here for anyone who might be starting to worry.

Thanks for keeping us posted!

I hope they are behind on notifying for interviews also! Keeping fingers crossed! I almost gave up hope that my app had been disregarded for an interview

@Mseymour I would keep your head up until you hear otherwise. Last year I interviewed at south and received my email 1 week before the interview date. From my understanding there are two interview dates left, good luck!

I got an admissions offer today! So it's possible others from the 10/14 group may hear updates soon. I'm very excited for the opportunity. Best of luck to everyone still waiting.

I got my email today saying I will find out in December if I'm wait listed or accepted. Soooo yay not a rejection? haha

@jlindsey @royce920

Do you guys know any details about health insurance through the school? With so much up in the air about the ACA I'm hoping I can get my spouse on a plan for a reasonable price.

EDIT: Nevermind I found a brochure. Although if you have any experience with the plans I'd be glad to hear how it worked out for you.

@jlindsey @royce920

Do you guys know any details about health insurance through the school? With so much up in the air about the ACA I'm hoping I can get my spouse on a plan for a reasonable price.

EDIT: Nevermind I found a brochure. Although if you have any experience with the plans I'd be glad to hear how it worked out for you.

I don't have any experience with the insurance offered through the school but I know several of my classmates do. I might be able to relay some info.

Archived