2016-2017 Application Cycle

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Did anyone have to fill out a supplemental application? When I login to the portal they provide with my credentials, it says there are no electronic supplemental applications for me to complete at this time. It has been that way since I submitted my application back in May. Has this been the same case for everyone else ... or am I missing something?

• 2 weeks later...

i called admissions today to see if they got my GRE score, however she told me I would have to re take it. They need a 145 in each section, and I have a 144 in Verbal and 154 in Quant...verbal is not my strong point... she basically implied i would not be hearing anything from them unless i re took my GRE for 1 point and even then im not guaranteed anything. kind of upsetting to see schools focus so much on the GRE for 1 point vs everything else on the application

Many schools have these rules set in place due to the increased amount of applicants. Most of the schools simply do not have enough staff to shuffle through thousands of applicants. Have you applied to any non-GRE schools? Also, correct me if I am wrong, but I believe USA stated on their website that they would not consider GRE scores bellow 145.

-Greg

Many schools have these rules set in place due to the increased amount of applicants. Most of the schools simply do not have enough staff to shuffle through thousands of applicants. Have you applied to any non-GRE schools? Also, correct me if I am wrong, but I believe USA stated on their website that they would not consider GRE scores bellow 145.

-Greg

it just says 145 minimum, however i have heard other schools still consider students due to quant being higher, or GPA being really good, a lot of patient care hours etc. especially for 1 point.  

it just says 145 minimum, however i have heard other schools still consider students due to quant being higher, or GPA being really good, a lot of patient care hours etc. especially for 1 point.  

I totally udnerstand your frustration, but quite frankly, why would they list a minimum if they didnt follow it?

I know some schools list a combined minimum of say 300, or for instance 292 (U of Charleston), but USA specifically mentioned a minimum of 145 for both sections. Seems pretty clear to me. 

I get you applying, and trying, but dont get mad at the school and post your frustrations on the forum just because they actually followed through with the information on their website. 

Understand, I applied to MWU and UF (both like a 50% or higher GRE) and I have a 150/152 GRE (which for one of those sections is below 50%). I have over 10,000 HCE, and a 3.7 GPA. Will I get into these programs? Probably not. I wanted to try. Now here is the kicker, will I complain if I am not considered? Will I rant on the forum because I am not considered? No, because they specifically state they like applicants with over 50% GRE scores. I took a risk. Its as simple as that. 

I totally udnerstand your frustration, but quite frankly, why would they list a minimum if they didnt follow it?

I know some schools list a combined minimum of say 300, or for instance 292 (U of Charleston), but USA specifically mentioned a minimum of 145 for both sections. Seems pretty clear to me. 

I get you applying, and trying, but dont get mad at the school and post your frustrations on the forum just because they actually followed through with the information on their website. 

Understand, I applied to MWU and UF (both like a 50% or higher GRE) and I have a 150/152 GRE (which for one of those sections is below 50%). I have over 10,000 HCE, and a 3.7 GPA. Will I get into these programs? Probably not. I wanted to try. Now here is the kicker, will I complain if I am not considered? Will I rant on the forum because I am not considered? No, because they specifically state they like applicants with over 50% GRE scores. I took a risk. Its as simple as that. 

No one is mad at the school and i am not coming to this forum to rant about my frustration. all i said was it's upsetting. i was simply just stating what i encountered today... thought these forums were created for students to interact and seek advice from one another not have someone jump down their throat for posting a thought. 

No one is mad at the school and i am not coming to this forum to rant about my frustration. all i said was it's upsetting. i was simply just stating what i encountered today... thought these forums were created for students to interact and seek advice from one another not have someone jump down their throat for posting a thought. 

I hear yah. I am sorry you feel this way. It wasnt my intention to "jump down your throat," but I still dont understnad why you are upset that they wont consider your application when they state they have a minimum GRE score of 145 in each section.

Again, did you apply to any non-GRE schools? 

I apologize if I came off harsh, but I just want you to udnerstand the schools point of view. Every year these schools are getting more and more applicants, and they must create hard minimums to reduce the pool so they can actually go through each application. 

Good luck to you. 

Do you know if USA has rotation sites in Pensacola?

I'm fairly certain they do. Regarding clinicals, they consider anything within a 70 mile radius to be commutable. Anything outside of that they provide a reimbursement for travel expenses and will also help in finding places to live/stay during the rotation if necessary. 70 miles from the campus will get you to Pensacola. It will also put you in Biloxi, if not a little farther.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, I'm an applicant for the current cycle. My CASPA was verified August 11, and I received an email today from Ms. Dunn confirming receipt of the supplemental application and fee. So I'm looking forward to the next email confirming the department has my GRE scores and verified CASPA. I browsed the previous year's thread and it looked like the dept began sending out invites right around the application deadline- but at least that was bumped up a month this year. Good luck to everyone.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived