2016-2017 Rosalind Franklin University Application Thread

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can anyone shed some light on how the interview process is??? I know its MMI format, but can anyone who has gone through the process give some advice on how to prepare for it?? I am interviewing in November and am just trying to prepare for it!!!!

Thank youuu

I have been through the MMI format and there is not a great way to prepare as the number of different scenarios they can present you are limitless. In my opinion, the MMI format is best at evaluating your true person. Just be yourself and answer how you would if you were asked by a friend. Don't try to formulate a response based on what you think they may want to hear. There are some sample scenarios that you could review to help ease the transition from traditional to MMI format, but do not rehearse responses. 

I have been through the MMI format and there is not a great way to prepare as the number of different scenarios they can present you are limitless. In my opinion, the MMI format is best at evaluating your true person. Just be yourself and answer how you would if you were asked by a friend. Don't try to formulate a response based on what you think they may want to hear. There are some sample scenarios that you could review to help ease the transition from traditional to MMI format, but do not rehearse responses. 

Thank you so much! This is very helpful

Can anyone shed some light on how the interview process is??? I know its MMI format, but can anyone who has gone through the process give some advice on how to prepare for it?? I am interviewing in November and am just trying to prepare for it!!!!

Thank youuu

My advice to you as a current RFUMS student would be to review the school's mission statement as well as their ethics. Physician assistants have a code of ethics they follow during practice. The MMI is designed to evaluate if you match well with the mission or the school and have a personality that would be successful as a PA. I would not read the responses online for MMI topics but do some self reflecting about hot topics in the news right now. I would understand how you feel about certain situations you will encounter in practice and how you might deal with them. There is no right or wrong answer for the MMI. It is able to gauge your thought process and make sure you're able to explain yourself. Understand the schools interprofessionalism values and how working as a team is crucial for success. Professionalism is huge at this university so make sure you dress well and treat all people with respect. Stay calm during the process and when that mini interview is finished leave it behind and focus on the next one. Hope this helps.

I received an email on 8/26/2016 for interview acceptance, to choose from the following dates: 8/26/2016, 9/16/2016, 10/21/2016, 11/18/2016, 12/9/2016, 1/13/2017, 2/3/3017 however when I clicked on the calendar scheduler, only 1/13/2017 and 2/3/2017 dates were available

Once I picked a date, I received a confirmation a few dates later with the interview structure -- Format: MMI system (5 min responses each station with one interviewer to rate candidate's performance), orientation session will be held before MMI, and brief wrap-up session held at the end of the day

GPA 3.51

SGPA 3.93

Verbal 154

Quant 157

Writing 4.0

HCE hrs ~2,300 (of which ~1,300 paid, ~1,000 volunteer)

PA shadowing ~100 hrs

Best of luck and hope to see you there!

Archived