Arizona: Northern Arizona University, NAU 2016-2017 Application Cycle

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still haven't heard anything either. I called to get an update. They told me they were still sorting through apps. NERVOUS!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for the update! Yes, I am getting very nervous as well. Hopefully we both hear something soon! Good luck to you! :)

Hey guys!! I'm a current first year at NAU and wanted to jump on here and say many people in my class were accepted later on, not everyone hears right away! So don't give up and don't feel defeated, there's still a ton of time! Also-NAU really really thinks about who they want and I think the interview is especially important here! 

But Good Luck to everyone applying, its a great program!! Feel free to ask me any questions! I remember when I was applying and dying for any information I could get!

Thanks for everyone's input so far in this forum! I applied very early on and haven't heard anything yet either! It's so nerveracking!! Best of luck to you all:) Looking forward to hearing how things roll out. Hopefully next set of interviews will be set up soon!

So I spoke to someone from admissions a couple weeks ago, and it seems like the dates for October interviews are going to be the 19th and the 26th. It seems kind of odd that no one's heard anything from them yet for this month's round of interviews, hopefully we will get some information soon. Best of luck to everyone! 

Hey guys!! I'm a current first year at NAU and wanted to jump on here and say many people in my class were accepted later on, not everyone hears right away! So don't give up and don't feel defeated, there's still a ton of time! Also-NAU really really thinks about who they want and I think the interview is especially important here! 

But Good Luck to everyone applying, its a great program!! Feel free to ask me any questions! I remember when I was applying and dying for any information I could get!

Thank you so much for this. I haven't heard back, but interviewed. It's definitely my top choice!

Do you know when other people hear back? I'm nervous because I'm not sure I did well on my interview. I was caught off guard with one of the questions :(

Thank you so much for this. I haven't heard back, but interviewed. It's definitely my top choice!

Do you know when other people hear back? I'm nervous because I'm not sure I did well on my interview. I was caught off guard with one of the questions :(

Can you talk about your interview experience? What was it like? What kind of things were asked/ discussed? Good luck to you! 

Can you talk about your interview experience? What was it like? What kind of things were asked/ discussed? Good luck to you! 

I would have to say it is a pretty pleasant interview. They do their best to make you feel relaxed by being so open and welcoming.  My piece of advice is to be yourself. I know that seems crazy and almost impossible to do for an 8 hour interview with people you've never met, but I promise you this interview will make it easy for you to be yourself. They really do look at you as an individual, and not just your grades and experience. I would say know why you want to be a PA and why you want to go there. 

I am not going to share what kinds of things were asked and discussed for these reason:

1. I am almost certain the person next to you will not be asked the same questions you were. The questions vary from person to person and interview date to interview date. 

2. I want to uphold my integrity with the school. I don't think it would be very fair to share the questions on here when past interviewers did not get the same advantage. 

That being said if you just google "46 interview questions for PA school," and practice these you will be more than prepared :)

Hope this helps and thank you for the well wishes!!

I would have to say it is a pretty pleasant interview. They do their best to make you feel relaxed by being so open and welcoming. My piece of advice is to be yourself. I know that seems crazy and almost impossible to do for an 8 hour interview with people you've never met, but I promise you this interview will make it easy for you to be yourself. They really do look at you as an individual, and not just your grades and experience. I would say know why you want to be a PA and why you want to go there.

I am not going to share what kinds of things were asked and discussed for these reason:

1. I am almost certain the person next to you will not be asked the same questions you were. The questions vary from person to person and interview date to interview date.

2. I want to uphold my integrity with the school. I don't think it would be very fair to share the questions on here when past interviewers did not get the same advantage.

That being said if you just google "46 interview questions for PA school," and practice these you will be more than prepared :)

Hope this helps and thank you for the well wishes!!

You didn't have to say questions that where asked. Just asking what the style of questioning was (relaxed/ open ended vs. more stern/ direct). I wasn't even offered an interview. But that is very noble of you. Best wishes, my dear!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People in my class heard back at various times from 2-3 hours after the interview to months later (someone got in a month before the program started I believe) so don't give up!! 

So I spoke to someone from admissions a couple weeks ago, and it seems like the dates for October interviews are going to be the 19th and the 26th. It seems kind of odd that no one's heard anything from them yet for this month's round of interviews, hopefully we will get some information soon. Best of luck to everyone!

Oo those dates are close..

I got an interview invite for October 26th very late last night via email!!!!!

Do you live close to the University? I'm across the country... I feel like if I were to get an interview, they would have given me a few weeks to notify me to make plane tickets/hotel accommodations appropriately. Because of this, I'm giving up hope loll

I interviewed in the first round on September 21st and have not heard back. I graduated from NAU 2016 and would love to continue as a Lumberjack and become a PA at NAU too. Trying to stay positive...

Stats:

OGPA 3.63

SGPA 3.23

1,500+ paid clinical hours as CNA

Shadowed NP in OB

Shadowed PA in Outpatient Observation hospital

40 hours shadowing

EMT trained

c/o 2016 NAU Health Science 

1st generation college graduate

Hey everyone! I've been crazy busy but I was accepted today! The interview Yesterday was great, the faculty are awesome people. The interviews are very laid back and easy to get through! I would say know why you want to be a PA and why you chose their program. Smile and give sincere answers!! I've heard they change questions each interview so I would study common questions on Google. Good luck everyone!! :)

You were accepted the day after you interviewed?

I interviewed in the first round on September 21st and have not heard back. I graduated from NAU 2016 and would love to continue as a Lumberjack and become a PA at NAU too. Trying to stay positive...

Stats:

OGPA 3.63

SGPA 3.23

1,500+ paid clinical hours as CNA

Shadowed NP in OB

Shadowed PA in Outpatient Observation hospital

40 hours shadowing

EMT trained

c/o 2016 NAU Health Science 

1st generation college graduate

I interviewed too. Don't worry I'm sure you'll hear back soon. Your stats are amazing, and it is still really early in the game. 

Archived