2016-2017 Wake Forest Applicants

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey everybody.  I interviewed on 10/26 and still haven't heard anything.  This wait is killing me!  But anyway, I wonder if admissions is waiting for those who are currently taking an outstanding course to send in their final transcripts.  I'm taking my biochem final tomorrow and hopefully I'll have a final grade early next week.  Did anyone else who interviewed have an outstanding course or were most of you finished with the prerequisites?

It's acceptable and I don't think the admin technically waits for you to finish, rather, they invite the most qualified applicants at the time. You should realize that many candidates will already have all courses completed which, all things being equal (I know, they aren't but for the sake of example), makes you less competitive. It's hard to balance courses, how competitive you are, and submission deadlines, especially when you consider how impressive the applicant pools are.

I know you didn't ask for my opinion, but my suggestion would be to try to get your class in before you apply (it would then be included in the CASPA GPA calculation, too.) It's a little expensive, but Central Michigan University offers a great online genetics course.

Good luck!

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

I think you summed it up very nicely when you said that they invite the most qualified applicants at that certain time. In other words, if you haven't been accepted, it is not because of one online course final..... the reason Wake is generous (and other schools I assume) is because they don't want super qualified applicants to refrain from applying just because they are missing one or maybe two pre-req courses. In other words, I don't think Ace'ing your last pre-req is really what's putting you in the YES pile vs. the wait-listed or denied pile... If they thought you were a perfect fit, they would accept you... regardless if you have one or two outstanding courses. Not saying you won't get in at all, just saying if acceptances go out for your interview day and you don't get one, I believe it is not solely a result of an outstanding course.

I have been accepted to Wake this application round but after a very tough decision I have chosen to attend Yale PA in the fall. 

Hey everybody.  I interviewed on 10/26 and still haven't heard anything.  This wait is killing me!  But anyway, I wonder if admissions is waiting for those who are currently taking an outstanding course to send in their final transcripts.  I'm taking my biochem final tomorrow and hopefully I'll have a final grade early next week.  Did anyone else who interviewed have an outstanding course or were most of you finished with the prerequisites?

I also interviewed on 10/26 and haven't heard and also have outstanding courses. I don't think this is what is holding up the decision though because it doesn't sound like anyone from 10/26 has heard anything, not just those of us with outstanding prerequisites. 

I also interviewed on 10/26 and haven't heard and also have outstanding courses. I don't think this is what is holding up the decision though because it doesn't sound like anyone from 10/26 has heard anything, not just those of us with outstanding prerequisites. 

I second that, I don't have outstanding pre-requisites and have yet to hear back from 10/26.

Thought i'd let you know that outstanding course needs to be updated on caspa. and they will let us know if they require an official transcript. Here's the email i got from wfsm:

You can make changes to your contact information (address, phone, email address, etc.) and update in-progress or planned course grades on CASPA after your application is submitted. Once courses listed as planned or in-progress are completed, please enter the grade(s) in your CASPA application.  You do not need to send official updated transcripts to CASPA or the WFSM PA Program for these courses nor do you need to email the Program with the information, just update the information in your CASPA application. We realize these grades will be unverified, but the Program will be able to use them in the review of your application. If an official transcript is ultimately needed, the Program will contact you.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived