2016-2017 Wake Forest Applicants

Yes, all interview invites are done via phone. Elise Gmuca, an admissions administrator, calls and asks if a date works for you. Then she confirms your contact information, asks if you have dietary restrictions, and that's it. Very quick phone call. She then sends an email right after with a confirmation of the date and information about directions, hotels, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

I interviewed yesterday. I'm exhausted and wish I had taken today off work.

It was very informative, but the actual interviews were the last thing we did and the day did go all the way to 4:00, which meant I was nervous and anxious all day long regardless of the relaxed nature of the day.

For those who have interviews coming up, I suggest getting in a lot of sleep leading up to it, and bring snacks and a bottle of water. :)

Good luck everyone!

Did they give you an idea of when ya'll would here back about acceptances?  I interviewed on 9/21 and it was kinda vague as to when it would be.  Hope it went well!!

Did they give you an idea of when ya'll would here back about acceptances? I interviewed on 9/21 and it was kinda vague as to when it would be. Hope it went well!!

Interviewed yesterday as well. I am a zombie at work. No, super vague as well. On 9/21 was the new admissions director, Ian Smith, absent as well? I thought it was very strange he wasn't even there as this is his first year being head of admissions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elise said it could be as early as 2-4 weeks but as late as February.

They evaluate a group of candidates from across a few interview sessions all at once. If you don't get a "yes" right away, you'll be put in with the next group and be evaluated again every time.

Just received an interview invite for Nov 9

Initially they wanted to make me scheduled for Oct 26, but I am not able to attend that date! So, there is still hope for people waiting for calls. Good luck, y'all!

Verified 07/02

Date submitted supp app: around end of August

• Upvote 1

Just received an interview invite for Nov 9

Initially they wanted to make me scheduled for Oct 26, but I am not able to attend that date! So, there is still hope for people waiting for calls. Good luck, y'all!

Verified 07/02

Date submitted supp app: around end of August

Congratulations! Thank you for telling us. I submitted on 9/13. I think I can wait.

Good luck!

I remember Elise saying that acceptances would come in the form of a phone call and other decisions would be emailed so my heart sunk when I received an email today.

For others who check their inbox and have this same feeling, do not fret! It is just a survey about the interview process!

I interviewed Wednesday and all I can say is wow, what an awesome experience! Wake was everything I'd hoped it would be (and more) and the scheduling of the day's events really helped to calm my nerves. It was a pleasure to meet you Cop to PA, you were very helpful answering many of my questions, thank you!

Advice for future interviewees: water bottle is a must, get plenty of rest and caffeine before, and don't let the competition intimidate you. Current students kept saying that admissions thinks you're capable if you're there, they want to get to know you to see if you're a good fit for Wake and vice versa. Best of luck to you all!

I am not sure how many interview dates are scheduled.  So far they have hosted 2 interview sessions and I know last week people on the forum had interviews scheduled for Oct. 26 and Nov. 9th.  Not sure if there will be more dates or not, but they have not sent out any acceptances yet as far as I know.  Hope this helps a little!

Theres a reservation list posted on the doors in our building reserving rooms for interviews. It has several dates left. I don't know what they are off the top of my head, but I know we aren't even halfway through yet

• Upvote 1