Ktsterry

2016-2016 Application Cycle

61 posts in this topic

Figured I'd start a thread for the new year. Good luck, everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually just spoke with the admissions coordinator who said that invites would start going out next week or the week after! Here we go!

I received an interview invite today, I will be there September 9th!

Hey awesome! Congrats! Where are you from??

I received an interview invite today, I will be there September 9th!

Congrats on the invite! Were you notified by email?

I also received an interview for August 26!

Awesome, see you there!! Congrats!!

Just finished the interview! Everyone was really great and it was very laid back. Super great experience.

Glad to hear the interview went well! Did they mention when they would let you know when they would send acceptance/rejection letters? I will be interviewing September 9th and I'm excited to hear it wasn't too stressful!

Is anyone interviewing October 28th? I am and have to be in Montana until the 29th so Id love to have a halloween buddy :) 

Glad to hear the interview went well! Did they mention when they would let you know when they would send acceptance/rejection letters? I will be interviewing September 9th and I'm excited to hear it wasn't too stressful!

I'll be there on the 9th too! 

They let us know like an hour after the interview via email haha. They had originally told us we'd know within 3 days.

Were you accepted ktsterry? Do you have any insight on the interview you'd be able to give us?! I interview tmrw, and I'm very nervous!

I heard back within a half of an hour of leaving the campus. Very quick turnaround. I was rejected, those dang nerves. Best of luck to everyone! They have a wonderful faculty and program!

Were you accepted ktsterry? Do you have any insight on the interview you'd be able to give us?! I interview tmrw, and I'm very nervous!

Hi sorry I just saw this. I was placed on the active list. But another program I did get accepted to starts in January so I don't think they'll move the active list in time for me to switch to Billings.

The interviews really are super laid back. The program director is hilarious and she comes in to talk with you first. Then a group interview with the staff physicians. Then you hang out and listen to a lecture until your individual interviews with three staff PAs. Then lunch with the student union and a quick tour. Ladies, if you're wearing heels then I would suggest bringing flats for the lunch/tour especially going into the winter months!

What does the active list mean? Is that their wait list?

Yes, they call their wait list the "active list".

Had a good group of students interview this morning at RMC! Received an email an hour after we left and I was fortunate enough to be accepted! I'll try to answer any questions you guys have but they told us today that last years class had 17/36 students came from the active list!

I feel a bit silly asking this, but I'm combing the RMCPA website and cannot for the life of me find out when this program starts. Can someone enlighten me please?

Edit: I do see "Summer" under first didactic semester.

Was fortunate enough to be accepted, but I turned down the offer to attend another program. Hope that gives one of you on the active list my spot! Good luck everyone!

I interviewed September 30th and got accepted. The students and faculty were very nice and welcoming. It was a very low stress interview and I received an email about an hour after I left the campus.

I was also interviewed on September 30th but am on the active list. Met someone on the flight there interviewing and then we had the same connecting flight back!

My interview actually was changed to 10/7. Wish I could say I was accepted but instead I am on the active list. Keeping my fingers crossed that I will be accepted in the spring time. 

My interview isn't until 11/4. They must have rolling admission then if people have already been accepted? Does that decrease my chances of getting in or what?

Accepted! The staff and faculty were extremely welcoming and informative. Glad to be joining such a great group of people. Looking forward to July!!

So I interviewed Aug 26 and I am on the Active List.

Does anyone now if we are ranked on the Active List, or when we might know by?

No ranking and we won't here anything until next year/spring if I remember correctly. It is just a waiting game for those on the active list. Hope this helps!

Could some of you, who got accepted and not, post some of your statistics to give future applicants a general idea of what they would need to be competitive. Thank you, this would be super helpful in helping me and probably a lot of others make a good decision about whether to apply here or not. Thanks. 

So I interviewed Aug 26 and I am on the Active List.  

Does anyone now if we are ranked on the Active List, or when we might know by?

I was placed on the active list last year. From what I remember, the active list does get ranked, but only AFTER all interviews have been completed. If people give up their seats, they start pulling from the list in that order. I received my rejection right before the class was set to start in the beginning of July. Hope that helps.