2016-2017 Application

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sk8er2004 sorry to keep asking this but would you mind sharing your stats thanks

Yes I don't mind. My cGPA and sGPA were both 3.26. I had 2000 hours as a hemodialysis PCT and 360 hours as a home health aide. I got a 147Q, 148V, and 4.0A. I had 560 hours volunteering at a hospital, 160 hours at a food pantry, 120 hours as a blue Santa, 25 hours as a hospice volunteer and 160 hours as a hippotherapy volunteer. The hospital and hippotherapy counted as HCE while the hospice volunteer counted towards my PCE. If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Congratulations on getting the interview. We were told during the info session that everyone interviewing is either accepted or waitlisted!! Don't stress too much about it. They already like you on paper. Prove to them that you are a well rounded person. The interview is truly very relaxed. Good luck!!

Is it true they don't reject people? I'm on the waitlist and if they don't reject people then that would mean there isn't a high probability of getting off the waitlist. That's disappointing.

Congratulations on getting the interview. We were told during the info session that everyone interviewing is either accepted or waitlisted!! Don't stress too much about it. They already like you on paper. Prove to them that you are a well rounded person. The interview is truly very relaxed. Good luck!!

Is it true they don't reject people? I'm on the waitlist and if they don't reject people then that would mean there isn't a high probability of getting off the waitlist. That's disappointing.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not exactly sure how the waitlist works but I know that they do not reject people, you are either accepted or waitlisted. Does anyone know when is the first day of classes?

First day of class is towards the end of May. You still have a chance up until the day it starts. My buddy got in towards the end of March last year off of the waitlist. Hang in there :).

Hi all! For those of you who were granted acceptance or placed on the waitlist, would you be willing to share your GRE scores? I am preparing to take the test and am curious as to what a benchmark score might be...I am unsure of what to set as my goal. Thanks in advance! 

Hi all! For those of you who were granted acceptance or placed on the waitlist, would you be willing to share your GRE scores? I am preparing to take the test and am curious as to what a benchmark score might be...I am unsure of what to set as my goal. Thanks in advance!

Try to score above a 300 just to be on the safe side. I scored a 148v/147Q and 4.0A. Good luck on the GRE.

I had a 301 overall and i think a 4.0 on the writing. 

Hi everyone- are any of you interviewing on January 24? Or maybe those that have already interviewed can answer... 

In the admission counselor's email, he mentioned that "a confirmation email with details concerning the interview day will be sent after the interview is scheduled." I scheduled my interview with Mrs. Jacobs in mid-November, but have yet to receive a confirmation email from the counselor. Should I wait until closer to the interview, or should I reach out? Any suggestions are welcome...thanks!

Hi everyone- are any of you interviewing on January 24? Or maybe those that have already interviewed can answer...

In the admission counselor's email, he mentioned that "a confirmation email with details concerning the interview day will be sent after the interview is scheduled." I scheduled my interview with Mrs. Jacobs in mid-November, but have yet to receive a confirmation email from the counselor. Should I wait until closer to the interview, or should I reach out? Any suggestions are welcome...thanks!

Yes I would reach out because after I scheduled my appointment, she sent me that confirmation email the next day.

Hi everyone! Is there a thread or group for those of us who have been accepted and will be attending? Or current AB PA students we can ask questions to? Thanks!

I was wondering the same thing. I don't think so. I was going to make a Facebook page for class of 2019 if no one has made anything yet

Have you received an email yet? I also have my interview this day and haven't got an email about where to go or anything! 

Have you received an email yet? I also have my interview this day and haven't got an email about where to go or anything! 

I emailed the admissions counselor back and he apologized for not sending it, and a few minutes later he sent the email. I would definitely reach out- it contains helpful info like which building to go to, when the info session is, etc. 

Archived