2016-2017 Application

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got accepted! I got the call on November 1st. Interviewed on October 25th in the afternoon.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Congrats thats amazing!! I know you said the interview was very relaxed, I have mine coming up. Do you have any pointers that could help? Im nervous but the fact that everyone in this thread is saying that it is very relaxed is calming my nerves. Did you have two people from the faculty interview you on a panel as well? Thank you!

Also will you be accepting your spot?

Congrats thats amazing!! I know you said the interview was very relaxed, I have mine coming up. Do you have any pointers that could help? Im nervous but the fact that everyone in this thread is saying that it is very relaxed is calming my nerves. Did you have two people from the faculty interview you on a panel as well? Thank you!

Also will you be accepting your spot?

Depending on the time of your interview may make a difference. I interviewed in the afternoon, and when I arrived four students from the current class where having a chill Q&A with everyone who were interviewing for that day. That definitely relaxed me quite a bit. The morning session may have jumped right into their interviews and then met up with the current students. After the student Q&A, the program director did a little program overview session and a facilities tour with both morning and afternoon sessions, with another Q&A at the end. During the program overview session, I took a page worth of notes to show my interest in the program to my interviewers. 

I did have two faculty members interview me at the same time. I enjoyed my interview, which lasted a little over an hour. They asked general questions to know who you are. Most of my questions ended up going in random conversation tangents honestly lol. When it is your turn to ask questions, COME PREPARED! I brought 2 pages of general grad school questions and asked only 3 because they applied the most to AB. Somehow after everything, the three of us just sat talking and eventually pulled out our phones and showed pictures of our dogs lol. 

Sorry this was pretty long, but basically have fun! Hard part is over, you got the interview. 

Finally, yes, I will be accepting my spot.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone! I have an interview tomorrow and was looking for some last minute advice to calm nerves. In the past I have felt over-prepared which I tried to avoid this time around, but now I am worried I am not prepared enough.

Congrats to everyone who has been accepted!

Just relax, there's no need to stress. Live in the moment and enjoy the ride. What you need to focus on is staying warm :).

Hi rcvictoria, do you mind sharing your stats?

Sure!

cumulative gpa - 3.7

Science gpa - 3.3

HCE ~1800 at time of app as a CNA on acute cardiac floor of hospital and a rehab/long term care center.

GRE - 301

Shadowing - 60 hrs

It also may be notable that I'm still in the process of my last semester of bachelors. As I stated previously I'm giving up my slot because I got accepted to a program that starts Jan 9th! Good luck to you all!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived