2016-2017 Application

As far as clinicals, where are they located at? How do students choose their rotations? Thank you in advance

We start ER & OR clinical calls second semester and those are at hospitals within 40 minutes of the school. Grafton ER, Broaddus ER, Davis Memorial & Fairmont OR. For rotations, those very; we currently have spots at logan WV, mon general WV, charleston WV, martinsburg WV. We haven't gone through the process of choosing yet but in the passed students rank them and then the faculty chooses. 

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone! I have an interview scheduled october 11th! I am super excited to meet you all! I know there have been some posts about the interview being very laid back but are there any tips in preparing for the questions they do ask?

Just prepare normal answers to practice questions found online for interviews, those seemed to help me. The interview is very low stress and they really just want to see who you are as a person and if you are a fit for the program. Just be yourself :)

Just prepare normal answers to practice questions found online for interviews, those seemed to help me. The interview is very low stress and they really just want to see who you are as a person and if you are a fit for the program. Just be yourself :)

I agree, did my interview 9-27. It was very relaxed and wanted to really know about my life. It was the most relaxed interview I have ever done. Really impressed with the program and truly want you to succeed. Good local food too before or after your interview/information session.

It depends on what time you schedule your interview. I was the first to interview at 9 am and went to their information session at noon and lasted to 1310.

sk8er2004 my interview is scheduled for 1 pm., which they say I need to be there by 11:45 am. So should I expect the whole process to end at around 5 pm (ish)?

sk8er2004 my interview is scheduled for 1 pm., which they say I need to be there by 11:45 am. So should I expect the whole process to end at around 5 pm (ish)?

Once you're done with your interview you're good to go. I left after the information session, as did the other applicants who interviewed in the morning. The longest your interview should take is an hour. Mine lasted 35 minutes. So you might be good to go by 2 pm.

Hi all! I got an email for an interview invite. Did you guys talk to Mrs. Jacobs too?

Also, for the people who interviewed/got accepted, how were your GRE scores like? I know they rank this second on their list, at least thats what I read online in their PDF. Any thoughts on this? Thanks!

Hi all! I got an email for an interview invite. Did you guys talk to Mrs. Jacobs too?

Also, for the people who interviewed/got accepted, how were your GRE scores like? I know they rank this second on their list, at least thats what I read online in their PDF. Any thoughts on this? Thanks!

Congratulations on getting the interview. We were told during the info session that everyone interviewing is either accepted or waitlisted!! Don't stress too much about it.  They already like you on paper. Prove to them that you are a well rounded person. The interview is truly very relaxed.  Good luck!! 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all! I was wondering how the interview is like (the format..panel/group/individual?) and what types of questions they ask/ if it was tricky. I was preparing for the interview and just wanted to know what to expect to calm my nerves a bit! Also, how was the faculty who interviewed you?

I was interviewed by two extremely nice faculty members. There were no trick questions and just wanted to get to know who I really am. They want to know you, why you want to be a PA, and what motivates you. 

Thank you FuturePA-2 for all your feedback! Was the format of your interview such as two faculty members on a panel interviewing you? Or was it 2 one-on-one's?

It was more like a panel. They took turns asking questions; I believe they asked 5 questions and then it was more like a conversation after that. We talked a little bit about the PA profession and more about myself and my interests. 

Just interviewed today! It was by far the most relaxed interviews I've had so far. They're genuinely interested in getting to know you. The interviewers go into the interview without having looked at your application (at least that's what they told me) so that way there's no bias in getting to know you. If you got an interview, congrats! You're not getting a denial, only an acceptance or wait listed.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Hi guys!

I will be flying in from Colorado for my interview. Is there a good airport to fly into and how long does it take from said airport to the school. Is renting a car the best mode of transportation?

I flew into Pittsburgh and by far the cheapest. Renting a car was ideal and took a little under 2 hours to get there. Did a little day trip in Pitt and even caught a baseball game.

Archived