PENNSYLVANIA: Penn State PA Program 2016-2017

pajourney,

I read your blog last year as I was going through the application process and found it insightful. Thank you.

I loved my interview day at Penn State and was disappointed that I did not sell myself well enough to be offered a seat as I was waitlisted. I really enjoyed the TBL class and the lunch period where we had the opportunity to speak to current students.

I am hopeful, but either way I know that life has a funny way of placing you where you are meant to be.

Best of luck to everyone who is still waiting to hear good news.

Cecilia

I love your positivity!! Hang in there....I was a waitlister twice and I KNOW that I ended up where I was meant to be!! This life has no coincidences. Stay looking on the bright side and it WILL work out!!

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

pajourney,

I read your blog last year as I was going through the application process and found it insightful. Thank you.

I loved my interview day at Penn State and was disappointed that I did not sell myself well enough to be offered a seat as I was waitlisted. I really enjoyed the TBL class and the lunch period where we had the opportunity to speak to current students.

I am hopeful, but either way I know that life has a funny way of placing you where you are meant to be.

Best of luck to everyone who is still waiting to hear good news.

Cecilia

Don't give up Cecilia! If you do not get pulled from the waitlist, ask the program for feedback on what you can improve going forward. Do the work to make changes and apply again. Showing that kind of determination will really bolster your chances next year. Good luck!

Don't give up Cecilia! If you do not get pulled from the waitlist, ask the program for feedback on what you can improve going forward. Do the work to make changes and apply again. Showing that kind of determination will really bolster your chances next year. Good luck!

pajourney,

Thank you for the advice and encouraging words. That is very kind of you. This is my first time applying and I have quite fortunately received a seat in a program this year. I was hoping for that to be at Penn State, but que sera, sera.

I look forward to where, as your blog is so aptly named, this pa journey takes me.

Best of luck on your own journey.

pajourney,

Thank you for the advice and encouraging words. That is very kind of you. This is my first time applying and I have quite fortunately received a seat in a program this year. I was hoping for that to be at Penn State, but que sera, sera.

I look forward to where, as your blog is so aptly named, this pa journey takes me.

Best of luck on your own journey.

Congrats!!

Thanks! But I am still hoping to be pulled off the waitlist for Penn. Lol.

I will keep my fingers crossed for you! Actually, thanks to this discussion, I learned a lot about the waitlist process myself which, twice being a former waitlister, I appreciated. It is not in my place to provide insight to this process but suffice it to say that it is very fair and methodical.

No matter where you end up, you will no doubtedly make a fantastic PA!

I will keep my fingers crossed for you! Actually, thanks to this discussion, I learned a lot about the waitlist process myself which, twice being a former waitlister, I appreciated. It is not in my place to provide insight to this process but suffice it to say that it is very fair and methodical.

No matter where you end up, you will no doubtedly make a fantastic PA!

Aww. Thank you! I was very impressed with the whole interview process at Penn. It is definitely a special program. Even if I do not end up as a student, it was a such an honor to be considered. I definitely would have applied again if I did not get in elsewhere. It was my number one choice. As this cycle winds down, I just want to thank you so much for all the information you have posted, it has been very helpful. 

Stay safe with the storm! 

Aww. Thank you! I was very impressed with the whole interview process at Penn. It is definitely a special program. Even if I do not end up as a student, it was a such an honor to be considered. I definitely would have applied again if I did not get in elsewhere. It was my number one choice. As this cycle winds down, I just want to thank you so much for all the information you have posted, it has been very helpful.

Stay safe with the storm!

You're welcome. I try to be as helpful, open, and transparent as I can as I remember how much the forum helped me. Applying to, and certainly choosing, the "right" PA school is a big process and decision. Glad for any way we as students at PSU can assist and provide insight. All the best!

Archived