PENNSYLVANIA: Penn State PA Program 2016-2017

I have a question for Caryn, 

I have completed more classes since submitting my application, what is the best way to update? Should I send the transcript to CASPA and hit the update application button, or would it be better to send the transcript directly to the program? 

Thanks

For candidates that have already submitted their CASPA and secondary applications, you may update the program directly with new information by emailing documents to psupaprogram@hmc.psu.edu 

We will add any pertinent information to your admissions file. If your CASPA application has already been verified, there is no need to submit new transcripts to CASPA as they will not recalculate GPA's or verify newly submitted coursework since initial verification. Sending Penn State an unofficial transcript is appropriate at this time as we will not require official transcripts until a candidate has deposited and intends to matriculate to our program.  

Best wishes,

Caryn Stopper

Director of Admissions 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone receive an interview yet?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Interviews strarted earlier this month. The program reviews applications and offers interviews on an ongoing basis and will not fill the class until after it's mid-January application deadline. Good Luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all!

Does anyone happen to know when the next admissions committee is being held for the August interviews? This waiting game is getting tough and I am very excited/nervous to hear back from the program! Best of luck to everyone applying this cycle! :)

Our next admissions committee will be held this week. The program will be in contact with all interviewed candidates very shortly. Best wishes to all!

Caryn

For those of us who have not yet received either an interview or a rejection, wil there be another round of invites sometime soon after this next admissions committee?

As indicated on the program's website, Penn State hosts over 20 candidate interview days each admissions cycle. The dates run from July 2016 through February 2017. If Penn State has received your CASPA-verified and Penn State secondary applications, and official GRE scores and you have not heard from us yet, rest assured that your file is under ACTIVE CONSIDERATION and there is nothing additional you must do on your end. I do understand the waiting game can be difficult and thank you in advance for your patience as we complete the holistic review of each candidate to our program.    

As always, best wishes to everyone!

Caryn

Does anyone have insight about the interview day? Should we really expect to be there for 8 hrs? Just trying to plan transportation.

Yes, plan on the 8 hours. It is a full day, but only a small (but very important part) of it is spent in actual interviews. The day also includes an extensive tour of the campus, 1 hour lunch with current students (not part of the actual interviews), and a Team Based Learning session. Good Luck!!

Hang in there, everyone! I know the waiting game is tough- I went through CASPA twice, getting waitlisted at PSU both times. So then the waiting game continued until I got accepted to the Class of 2017 just 2 days before it began! The best thing you can do is to continually work on improving those areas of your application so that you are ready for whatever comes your way. Don't sit back!! Good Luck!!

Archived