An information session about the Jefferson College of Health Sciences PA program will take place this Friday, June 9, from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
The event will begin promptly at 10 a.m. in Room 616 on the Jefferson College campus at Carilion Roanoke Community Hospital, 101 Elm Street SE, Roanoke, VA 24013. Register through the link below. Reservations are encouraged, but not required.
Attendees will have the opportunity to learn more about the program, the PA profession and the application process. Jefferson PA program representatives will be on hand to speak individually with prospective students and their families.
The final information session in 2017 will be held July 21.
Wanted: Social Media Coordinator!
First Rounds is seeking a motivated PA student to serve as social media coordinator for 2016-2017. The position is a 1-year commitment with the option to extend the role for a second year. Duties include, but are not limited to:
1. Consistently create engaging content for social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter
2. Keep up-to-date with additional news and opportunities for PA students that are relevant to the FR audience
3. Increase FR brand awareness to PA students and programs nationwide
4. Possess outstanding written communication skills.
5. Effectively utilize humor and wit while maintaining a professional tone in written content
6. Commit to the role of assistant editor October 2016-2017.
7. Be flexible with scheduling, be adaptable, and communicate effectively with the entire team
If you are a proactive, current PA student with a strong interest in social networking opportunities, please send a resume or CV with your name, PA program, graduation date, and a short summary of why you would be a great FR social media coordinator to FirstRoundsSubmission@gmail.com. Please include 1-3 examples of your social media interactions. The position includes an optional $400 reimbursement stipend to attend the 2017 AAPA Conference in Las Vegas.
Deadline for applications is September 30, 2016.
Interviews will be held at the beginning of October.
1. Must be a current PA student in good standing with an ARC-PA accredited PA program
2. Must be a current member of AAPA
3. The selected candidate must have at least one year remaining in school as of October 2016. (i.e. graduation date of October 2017 or later)
* Those with prior social media experience will be given preference, but it is not required.
Check out the original post on Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/firstrounds/photos/a.459401247586706.1073741828.458562654337232/498591923667638/?type=3&theater
First Rounds - PA Professional's student news section - is now on Facebook! Like our page, then click see first and turn notifications on to stay up to date with the latest call for submissions as well as other upcoming opportunities.
Published quarterly, First Rounds (FR) is PA Professional magazine’s student section written for PA students by PA students. Our mission is to expand student involvement outside of the classroom and foster additional opportunities and interests beyond medicine. We give students a voice and a place to share their experiences with current and future PAs and students.